• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Each Pilot Group is represented by their own union. You don't make an end-run around the negotiating committee and make a pitch to the individual pilots. It's considered bad form.

If you've ever been in prolonged Contract Negotiations, and had management send something to your home, or addressed to your spouse, well, then you know what we're talking about. I'm surprised SWAPA didn't realize that, but there are some new guys in there that might not have realized what a gaffe it was.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Chuck Magill sends several letters a year to our homes, I assume this is something similar. Our management likes to deal directly with their pilots, it does take some getting used to.

Off to the pool, have a great weekend.

What was in it?

Good stuff, bad stuff, no stuff? Why is it unbelievable? Is mailing something to you against some rule?

Seems like both sides are a little touchy...geez

I heard it had a pilot application in it. In a round about way it was saying pilot application. Some interesting stuff is coming down line.

See ya!

Ivanair is correct.. Nothing out of the ordinary for us to receive stuff straight from the company on a semi regular basis.. It's possible for things like that to happen when the company you work for, and your union are not trying to strangle the sh(# out of each other at every given opportunity.. I was ALPO before SWA, and know what that whole thing was like.. It's a different game here..

That being said.. You know.. It's not paranoia if someone is really out to get you.. :)

Look.. Im not a blow hard union freek at all. But this letter was total BS. It was a letter that compared average and individual pay scales with what we make at AAI vs what we would make at SWA. Its a total BS propaganda that went around the negotiations that are taking place. I will soon be a member of SWAPA, and if this is the type of crap they are going to pull, Im very weary of what we are getting into. Does SWAPA not have any idea what kind of propoganda B.S. AAI pilots had to deal with when we were in contract talks? IMO they are complete IDIOTS for sending this out. Besides the fact that the info is incacurate. Why not compare average pay per year? Probably because they would see that our 7th, 8th, and 9th year guys make very close to what their's do. Hopefully, AAI guys are smart enough to realize that the average AAI FO has been at AAI for 3-4 years vs the average SWA FO who has ben there for 5-7 years. Heck, for that matter, lets compare wages when SWA was 17 years old vs Airtan when they were 17 years old? Doesn't that seem like a fair comparison??

I have a feeling this letter will get the exact opposite intendid reaction! WOW!

Probably because they would see that our 7th, 8th, and 9th year guys make very close to what their's do.

That's a CA to FO comparison people!

Look.. Im not a blow hard union freek at all. But this letter was total BS. It was a letter that compared average and individual pay scales with what we make at AAI vs what we would make at SWA. Its a total BS propaganda that went around the negotiations that are taking place. I will soon be a member of SWAPA, and if this is the type of crap they are going to pull, Im very weary of what we are getting into. Does SWAPA not have any idea what kind of propoganda B.S. AAI pilots had to deal with when we were in contract talks? IMO they are complete IDIOTS for sending this out. Besides the fact that the info is incacurate. Why not compare average pay per year? Probably because they would see that our 7th, 8th, and 9th year guys make very close to what their's do. Hopefully, AAI guys are smart enough to realize that the average AAI FO has been at AAI for 3-4 years vs the average SWA FO who has ben there for 5-7 years. Heck, for that matter, lets compare wages when SWA was 17 years old vs Airtan when they were 17 years old? Doesn't that seem like a fair comparison??

I have a feeling this letter will get the exact opposite intendid reaction! WOW!

Maybe you should quit! And take Ty with you.

Last edited:

To start with, you probably need to realize that you're not actually having negotiations. It's probably easier to see from the outside looking in, but you better realize things pretty quickly.

Probably because they would see that our 7th, 8th, and 9th year guys make very close to what their's do.

What? Are you trying to compare SW senior FO rates to mid-level AAI CA rates? I'm confused.

Sorry, someone already beat me to the punch. How strange.

Latest resources

Back