• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA gets it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Flop and the general on ignore these threads get a lot shorter and far less irritating.

There is one number I'm curious about - Etihad has 3 flights a day to the U.S. They're all 777s carrying around 300 passengers. That's approximately 900 pax per day. Why does the article say that only 200 passengers per day will use the facility ?

Oh Good Lord Flop.

Need me to get the Houston O&D traffic for you? One thing I know about the Southwest operation is this.....

It wouldn't be a hub/base if it wasn't a big money maker. If you think otherwise your delusional...oh wait maybe that's true.

Some connection between SW terminal in Hobby and one in the Middle East is in your head. These things aren't even close to the same. I'm sorry your hatred for everything Southwest has completely clouded your judgment, but it clearly has.

And yet on another thread we got a bunch of Herb Turds saying SWA isn't a hub and spoke operation......which is it Spirit Warriors??

Never have been and still aren't pure hub and spoke Bill.

Have we moved more toward that? I think so honestly. Still do a ton of point to point (probably the majority) but I don't have actual numbers to back up anything. And it changes monthly so it's hard to keep up.

I don't have the least bit of a fraternal feeling toward SWA. Zip, zilch, nada. Person to person? Yeah absolutely, we are countrymen. But the corporation SWA? I have no doubt a foreign airline could be relied upon to compete more responsibly than SWA.

Let's just say this: I don't go anywhere in the world where one airline builds a terminal with only one gate for ALL other airlines to use?! Where almost every radio transmission is an attempt to game the system by the local airline. Where it's a redneck race to the active runway or gate. That's the nicest part of flying outside the US. NO SWA. I doubt the rest of the world is going to tolerate the BS.

So glad to see you are a self appointed expert on everything Southwest. Way to paint with a wide brush, every pilot at Southwest is exactly as you've described, no doubt there. We are all out to ruin you personally with our aggressive radio use. Gmafb

With Flop and the general on ignore these threads get a lot shorter and far less irritating.

There is one number I'm curious about - Etihad has 3 flights a day to the U.S. They're all 777s carrying around 300 passengers. That's approximately 900 pax per day. Why does the article say that only 200 passengers per day will use the facility ?

You are right Dicko, just added Flop, General has been there for a decade now

Anybody know how nearly 1000 passengers a day turned into 200 ? Three 777W a day to the U.S. Or am I missing something ........ Again.

Aent those planes stopping in Europe first? Maybe only 200 through to USA? Maybe only 200 US citizens a day?

Aent those planes stopping in Europe first? Maybe only 200 through to USA? Maybe only 200 US citizens a day?

Two daily direct flights Abu Dhabi to JFK. One daily to Chicago and one daily flight to Washington. Los Angeles starts in Dec 2014.

That's four 777W direct flights per day. All from Abu Dhabi. Average passenger load between the two 777 versions is 350.

That's 1400 passengers per day. All passengers, regardless of nationality have to clear Customs.

Latest resources

Back