• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Delines To Represent AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hard to say without being in those shoes, so I thought about it. If someone bought Hawaiian and what we have was gone? I would have zero loyalty to the acquiring airline. I would morph from someone with a good work ethic and strong supporter of Hawaiian to someone who would feel justified in any scam I could to benefit me at the expense of the acquiring airline.

Whistlin' Dan, say it aint so! I know you are not that kind of person. Lack of enthusiasm for your new Corporate master, maybe. Scamming the airline? That's not you.

I firmly believe that AT guys got shafted and that bird is coming home to roost.

Whistle me a tune Dan. I like music when I work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjN5_cJDWHs

Last edited:
. I would morph from someone with a good work ethic and strong supporter of QHawaiian to someone who would feel justified in any scam I could to benefit me at the expense of the acquiring airline.

In other words your true colors would come out.

A leopard can't change it's spots. Atleast you admit the true Dan.

Now I see why corporate America , gets ride of a lot of employes when they buy another company . They want to weed out the Dan Romans .

Last edited:
Hard to say without being in those shoes, so I thought about it. If someone bought Hawaiian and what we have was gone? I would have zero loyalty to the acquiring airline. I would morph from someone with a good work ethic and strong supporter of Hawaiian to someone who would feel justified in any scam I could to benefit me at the expense of the acquiring airline.

I think it would depend on how the merger and resulting SLI was handled. If you had an arbitrator look at the facts, and give an award, and still didn't think it was fair, then maybe you aren't seeing what the rest of the world is. There will be more mergers, and more people will be upset, but that won't stop mergers. But, to have a chance at being happy, you need to have a fair process. You can then blame the arbitrator, and not the company.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Whistlin' Dan, say it aint so! I know you are not that kind of person. Lack of enthusiasm for your new Corporate master, maybe. Scamming the airline? That's not you.

I firmly believe that AT guys got shafted and that bird is coming home to roost.

Whistle me a tune Dan. I like music when I work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjN5_cJDWHs

We all have our dark side!!

Keep in mind we at Hawaiian have a good deal invested in making Hawaiian the airline it has become. Most of us are here because we want ed to be at Hawaiian for a reason. A hostile takeover that shafts the employee's would have huge ramifications for anyone who tried steal our careers in the name of corporate growth.
So yes, I would turn into a deadbeat employee that could care less about the new owner.

(thanks for the you tube!, don't tell anyone, but I would also keep an open mind and if I kept my seat, didn't lose any pay and had more options available to me I might grow to accept big brother, more or less)

We all have our dark side!!

Keep in mind we at Hawaiian have a good deal invested in making Hawaiian the airline it has become. Most of us are here because we want ed to be at Hawaiian for a reason. A hostile takeover that shafts the employee's would have huge ramifications for anyone who tried steal our careers in the name of corporate growth.
So yes, I would turn into a deadbeat employee that could care less about the new owner.

(thanks for the you tube!, don't tell anyone, but I would also keep an open mind and if I kept my seat, didn't lose any pay and had more options available to me I might grow to accept big brother, more or less)

So in the end we are all human and don't want to lose seniority in an airline merger. Got it. You can talk about how my airline is this, that and the other thing. How things were done at airline x,y or z. The end result is the same. We can't all be winners in these proceedings. And from what I've seen everyone gives/loses at least a little. On to bigger and better things. Realistically Dan Hawiian will merge/buy or be bought one day. Cross that bridge when it happens.

almost everyone i know voted against this change because we felt it was UNFAIR TO AIRTRAN PILOTS to be governed by SWAPA, have no voting input into SWAPA issues, complete governance by execs SWAPA pilots (not Airtran) elected and continue to pay ALPA level dues which are higher than SWAPA. AirTran pilots would be second class citizens until they converted under the proposed change and the word on the line, again and again, is that is not how we roll.

almost everyone i know voted against this change because we felt it was UNFAIR TO AIRTRAN PILOTS to be governed by SWAPA, have no voting input into SWAPA issues, complete governance by execs SWAPA pilots (not Airtran) elected and continue to pay ALPA level dues which are higher than SWAPA. AirTran pilots would be second class citizens until they converted under the proposed change and the word on the line, again and again, is that is not how we roll.

Sounds better than what we have now.:(

Latest resources

Back