• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just as if Southwest elected to award 1000 shares of stock to all SWAPA members for a job well done. I don't think that would go over very well either.

In your example SWAPA is getting something above AT. AT guys getting your pay is even no more no less.

Your thinking is that SWAPA should get paid more then AT always. Why?

Red, the problem is that the agreement we had has changed almost weekly. Nothing remains of our original agreement. I am sorry you can't see that. For you it means nothing. For us the cheese keeps getting moved.

Really> Get over it and stop looking for another hand out. You got what you voted for and that is it. Move on.

Red, the problem is that the agreement we had has changed almost weekly. Nothing remains of our original agreement. I am sorry you can't see that. For you it means nothing. For us the cheese keeps getting moved.

I understand where you are coming from but I never thought the 717s would ever be painted in SW colors. I still don't believe there will be any in SW paint after Jan 2015. This was the worst kept secret in the industry. SW has always wanted to fly one plane....the 737.

Gary's got his agreement out of both sides and is running his business to be stronger and more profitable in the future. If you think he put a target on your backs with the 717 deal and squeezed the trigger, I think your wrong. I see this move as strengthing OUR company. The same company that we both work for. I can also understand how the announcement is playing out on the AAI side. SW hasn't been too proactive in telling people affected what's getting ready to go down. This move is no different. The communication should have been much, much better.

my comments on the "employee survey":

I can not even begin to express my level of contempt and animosity over the way the pilots of AirTran have been treated during the integration process. We were threatened and treated with total disregard. SW clearly had no intention of honoring the agreements they signed and instead elected to resort to threats and ultimatums. Most won't admit that they feel this way, but they do. Our seniority and captain seats were stolen from us and given to SWAPA, our domiciles are being closed. In my opinion, and in the opinion of most AirTran pilots, this does not reflect well on a company that supposedly honors "the golden rule".

my comments on the "employee survey":

I can not even begin to express my level of contempt and animosity over the way the pilots of AirTran have been treated during the integration process. We were threatened and treated with total disregard. SW clearly had no intention of honoring the agreements they signed and instead elected to resort to threats and ultimatums. Most won't admit that they feel this way, but they do. Our seniority and captain seats were stolen from us and given to SWAPA, our domiciles are being closed. In my opinion, and in the opinion of most AirTran pilots, this does not reflect well on a company that supposedly honors "the golden rule".

I call it the "The Golden Shower". SWAPA has pretty much stolen everything from us.

No need to change anything in the SLI agreement. Simply amend the FL contract to mirror SW rates now. Then create one of your side letters that increases OSW guys longevity for pay by a bit. Your longevity for pay doesn't affect my life and my pay rate at AT doesn't affect yours.

That's actually a great idea. Just one problem though. We don't get to give ourselves that longevity bump; that comes from Gary. So in your theory, to appease the ATN pilots would require increased pay and vacation accrual for nearly half (3000+) of our group.

Again, sounds great to me but I doubt Gary will jump on that one.

Latest resources

Back