• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Comments about 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question is, what will AAI ALPA convince SWA to give up in exchange for changing that provision of the SIA? That's the only leverage we have, unless we want to push harder, which might make them re-think the furlough lever they can pull.

Tricky stuff.
Tricky indeed, one red cent is all it takes for SWAPA to file suit.

Tricky indeed, one red cent is all it takes for SWAPA to file suit.

So you want the AAI guys paid less. SWAPA shouldn't have any input on negotiations that happen on our side of the partition. They don't want to represent us. Are you saying that if we are offered anything SWAPA will grieve it? If so that sucks.

In the last month I flew with 3 AAI 717 capt that want a re-bid purely for becoming a top FO in DEN which wasn't a choice until after our first bid. Has any math been done to see how many people would run to DEN yet?

Good news: there will be no lawsuit by SWAPA
Bad news: there will be no money

I hope I am wrong (about the money)

Has nothing to do with money, but if SWA decides to payoff some AT guys beyond the SLI agreement, SWAPA will be there to remind them of the other 6500 pilots.

Welcome aboard.

Just as if Southwest elected to award 1000 shares of stock to all SWAPA members for a job well done. I don't think that would go over very well either.

Latest resources

Back