Swa ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Herculeus

Do the routes out of Oak to different cities go senior? I was reading some of the trip reports posted on here from Airliners. He seemed to do very little to the east coast. Is that just prefrence?

People just bid for specific days off. Further, most people don't care where they overnight, rather how much does the trip pay and how long is the layover. Average SWA block time per flight is 1.8 so west coasters don't fly to the east coast too often.

Is the route map correct. It seems that there are a few non stop flight to the east. If you fly to Philly will you stay on the east coast or will you fly right back to the West?

There are a million different inputs into a bid. Some guys like Florida, some don't want to fly east of the Rockies, whatever. I would say west coast flying is more senior than PHL, PVD, MHT, etc. But as another alluded to, who cares, a hotel room is a hotel room after so many years.

New guys probably still going to BWI, OAK, and MDW.

How difficult is it for OAK or PHX crews to bid specific overnights on a constant basis? If you wanted BUR or LAX overnight most of the time, can you get that?

You can bid specific overnights but each base has cities that is does and does not fly/overnight in. For example. I'm a MDW guy and MDW does not have any DEN overnights anymore. Depending on aircraft flows each month the overnights seem to change. Most likely you will not bid a specific overnight unless you live there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back