• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since they had over 6000 applications last time I don't think they will be opening another window soon.

Good thought but how about the fact that many of us, who are very qualified, got the thanks but no thanks email without even interviewing. Some rumor has it that it was sent out by mistake but I ain't gonna believe it until it is an official mistake.

Good thought but how about the fact that many of us, who are very qualified, got the thanks but no thanks email without even interviewing. Some rumor has it that it was sent out by mistake but I ain't gonna believe it until it is an official mistake.

I was at a picnic Sunday with one of the BWI CPs. He said those rejection emails were a mistake and to spread the word about that. He also said that SWA will probably be adding 200 aircraft above and beyond the Airtran deal over the next 3-5 years.

I was at a picnic Sunday with one of the BWI CPs. He said those rejection emails were a mistake and to spread the word about that. He also said that SWA will probably be adding 200 aircraft above and beyond the Airtran deal over the next 3-5 years.

Thanks for the insight. I am still bothered by the fact that SWA people dept sends out a screwed up email and then does not care to send out an email saying "Oops" at the least.

Thanks for the insight. I am still bothered by the fact that SWA people dept sends out a screwed up email and then does not care to send out an email saying "Oops" at the least.

I'm sure they will make it up to those people by sending them an invite to the next round of interviews.

So Bert said 200 new jets above and beyond the AirTran deal over the next 3-5 years and you believed him? They might replace 200 or so Classics over that time, but notice he didn't specify growth or replacement aircraft. The definition of which will determine whether there will be significant hiring or not over the next 3-5 years.

More interviews = another window?

Does anyone really think that there will be another round of interviews but not another window opening?

What about those potential applicants that didn't meet the mins or have an ATP back in April but will meet the mins/ have an ATP this fall or had more than 1 year left in our service obligation back then but have less than 1 year left at the end of the summer?

If another round of interviews is planned, it seems like it would make sense for SWA to open up another window to open up opportunities for those that couldn't apply earlier this year. Any thoughts?

Thanks and good luck to all.

Last edited:
Does anyone really think that there will be another round of interviews but not another window opening?

What about those potential applicants that didn't meet the mins or have an ATP back in April but will meet the mins/ have an ATP this fall or had more than 1 year left in our service obligation back then but have less than 1 year left at the end of the summer?

If another round of interviews is planned, it seems like it would make sense for SWA to open up another window to open up opportunities for those that couldn't apply earlier this year. Any thoughts?

Thanks and good luck to all.

Don't let it stop you from applying but from what I've heard the average applicant is WELL above the minimum requirement.

Gup

When it comes to rumors or upcoming growth projections: The only worse than a Flt Attdts word is a Chief pilots.

Latest resources

Back