• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA weight and balance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does the CA have the power to say "look, we will make sure we burn enough gas on the way out , put him on the JS?
What happens when SWA (we) start doing int'l and there are no SWA ops agents? Start using ACARS? Once that door is opened, the company will see they can use ACARS everywhere and save bu getting rid of the Ops agents.

That might be an option assuming you're not bumping up against max zero-fuel weight.

Additionally an experienced ops agent friend at SWA told me that they were having w&b issues with the 800's and the way they configure and load them. He indicated that it was a real pain and that they were trying to rework the system so it wasn't such a problem. But no solution yet...

Uh-oh.....trouble with the "heavy" jet??

If there are not any limitations and you have a cooperative ops agent (usually they are cool with working to get anyone on the plane) I will call up dispatch and work with them. There are exceptions but most the time we can work it out.

Just had this happen the other night. And we got the Delta pilot home for Christmas. Everyone was happy to work it out.

Additionally an experienced ops agent friend at SWA told me that they were having w&b issues with the 800's and the way they configure and load them. He indicated that it was a real pain and that they were trying to rework the system so it wasn't such a problem. But no solution yet...

800's which have 175 seats are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A _ _. I had one last evening booked at 86. SWA does not want to move any passengers so you load to the best of your ability with a preflight, load up the passengers and hope you did it right. Add in the 3 zones for pax weight and DAMN, you have to move 26 bags from FWD to AFT to get in TRIM. Seems to me it would be much easier to have pax sit more forward since the 800 is tail heavy by nature.

Open seating on the stubby -200 forty years ago was probably a great idea. Maybe not so much now with the longer tubes.

I usually just pick up the phone and call dispatch to let them know I will burn more taxi fuel than the standard flight plan says. The jump seater gets on every time.

A little out-da-box thinking keeps everyone happy, and traveling.

Latest resources

Back