• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa Vs Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IF I wasn't humble before, the 727 FE checkout made me that way. Flows, checklists, stablizers....I'm not even flying and I'm screwing up. (But I learned how to wrap a mean water bottle with a napkin for the crew up front!) I'm still 650 knots of death and ego in my Eagle, but I freely admit I am in deep water in the 121 world. However...:D it won't take me long until I can do that better than anyone else, too.

Glad we got that cleared up :p

Albie

To Albief15: bet it will be fun and games for the poor F.O. in your cockpit IF you ever upgrade to captain. What a blowhard.

inline:

Chill!

The guy's telling everybody he's new at 121 ops, it's hard, but he'll suceed.

Sooo many negative waves out there Moriarity!

A few quick points:

1. Don't forget to look at the work rules. JB gets paid block or actual, whicever is higher. SWA doesn't do that. I don't have a complete analysis of the differences, but I bet one of the other guys do. That make make a huge difference in pay. Not to mention getting time and a half for anything over 70 hours.

2. Excellent post Speedbird!

3. Hey EvilJim, how'd it go yesterday? The sim broke on my buddy, but he made it through.

4. Inline, LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!!

Inline:

I think you're being too harsh on Albie. It looks like you're a fairly recent arrival to this board so perhaps you don't have the same perspective as I do. But Albie is one of the best contributors to these boards.

He has provided a lot of great information, advice, and sound opinions regarding many issues most of us find important, and the main reason for coming to these boards in the first place. Above all, he can be self-deprecating about his fighter-pilot pedigree as a way of diffusing some stubborn myths about fighter pilots in general.

I recommend you take some time and search out Albie's old posts from the last year or so. Not only will you get a better idea of who he is, but you'll probably pick up some good info you can stick in your hat, so to speak.

The only thing about Albie that I'm ticked off with is that he went with FedEx instead of jetBlue! Nevertheless, I'll forgive him of that "mistake." :D :D :D

Hey Albief15,

I will be in the top 1% of the seniority list at SWA when I am near 60. But I have been told that I will probably choose to retire early, like many do.

JetBlue is a good company. We had an ex-JetBlue guy in my new hire class at SWA. He said "he wanted to go with a sure thing" (living in Chicago weighed in his decision). He had nothing bad to say about JetBlue when asked.

I would not believe everything you read (Air, inc.) about pay at SWA. I just flew with a Captain that has been with the company for 6 years. He said "last year, with pay and stock options (that he cashed in) he made 167,000. Thats not to shabby guys.. Plus a new contract is around the corner.

Now be nice to me....

SWA / FO

Hey SWA/FO,

You WILL retire early because at fifty you will look and feel eighty due to the 8 leg days and 20 miniute turns. Not to mention the lack of automation use by SWA. Oh, did I mention no crew meals? I get tired just thinking about your career. I would go with jetBlue over SWA any day! There is more to a career than just going with the long term sure bet!

Hey Inline,
Albie was just trying to be funny, guess he better keep his day job.

Hey AlbieF15,
You can be my wingman anytime :)

D

Mr.Aviation said:
Hey SWA/FO,

You WILL retire early because at fifty you will look and feel eighty due to the 8 leg days and 20 miniute turns. Not to mention the lack of automation use by SWA. Oh, did I mention no crew meals? I get tired just thinking about your career. I would go with jetBlue over SWA any day! There is more to a career than just going with the long term sure bet!

Get a clue Mr. Aviation. Who do you work for now?

Latest resources

Back