Swa Vs Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mvi,

I'm not going to say who I work for, but I assure you it is a better company than the one that pays you to fly that little SCOPEjet!!

Last edited:
Some people got no LUV

Now I know I am dreaming, (or Albie is lying in his profile):
- a decent, articulate F15 pilot who posts well thought out and reasonable opinions. :confused:
- a couple of blowhard, chest thumping idiots slamming people for no particular reason. Thank goodness you two didn't go mil or we'd have a couple of zipper suited sun gods trying to win the fight at the debreif. I'll bet Inline and "Mr Aviation" (LOL) are hard to schedule because none of the FOs want to fly with them.

No Life

It is hard to believe that someone with 13,500 hours of flight time and such a great paying job, is wasting his/her time read/replying to this thread.

If I wasn't in the miliary and stuck sitting in the TWR as SOF at 10 PM watching jets fly around at night. I wouldn't be looking at this website, I would have a real life. Isn't that what all future Airline pilots dream about, having the money and time to enjoy thier life.

But Mr Aviation just proved me wrong. For someone with that much flight time he must be working for a company and making lots of money. But he/she has proven to me that money can't buy happiness. Even he/she has no life of his/her own, since he/she is sitting around reading/answering posts on this website instead of enjoying all his/her free time and money.

I don't care what someone pays or makes as long as they enjoy life and job to it's fullest. We have Army E-1s making less than $1100 a month in Afganistan fighting the war on Terror. But I bet you they and thier parents are very proud of the job they are doing, despite the Hours and Pay. I thank God everyday for men and women like them that are willing to defend this great country even though they don't get paid much.

Please e-mail me direct with your address Mr Aviation and I will be more than happy to send you some money so you can buy yourself some friends and a life, since I percieve you don't have one.

Last edited:
Great post!

Opie,

Great post dude! That was well said and to the point. Sorry ya had the duty tonite, but glad ya logged on to Flightinfo. Take care!

-T45Flyer

Mr.Aviation said:
Hey SWA/FO,

You WILL retire early because at fifty you will look and feel eighty due to the 8 leg days and 20 miniute turns. Not to mention the lack of automation use by SWA. Oh, did I mention no crew meals? I get tired just thinking about your career. I would go with jetBlue over SWA any day! There is more to a career than just going with the long term sure bet!

To each his own; speaking for myself with 15 years at US Airways I fly one leg a day almost totally automated (757), I do no 20 minute turns or any turns for that matter, we get fed first class meals - and I am seeking employment with Southwest!

After seeing what's transpired in the last decade, my advice is to go with the best long term bet. If you can figure out what that will be!

Jay Dub,

Since you and several others have asked. The check ride went very well. After waking up and waiting around about 8 hours for the verbal and check, I was about to go crazy. I did make a few mistakes as usual, but overall I think I did well.

Hope to be on the line by the middle of April.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Evil Jim

Ouch Mr. Aviation,

Here is a break down of my last (8 legs a day) 2 three day trips

MDW- LAS Day 1

LAS- LAX Day 2
LAX-OAK
OAK-LAX
LAX-SLC

SLC-LAS Day 3
LAS-SAN
SAN-ABQ
ABQ-MCI
MCI-MDW

Next three day:

MDW-CLE Day 1
CLE-BWI
BWI-SDF
SDF-STL

STL-PHX Day 2
PHX-BUF

BUF-BWI Day 3
BWI-MDW

As you can see, that is an average of 8 legs a day.

There is a bit of everything at SWA. You can do the long haul and short haul. Most guys here like doing a lot of the short stuff. It keeps you busy and the day goes by fast. You could start at 6am and be done by 1pm. Don't believe everything you hear from third parties about SWA. By the way, I have been here under a year, actually under 7 months and I have a hard-line with 17 days off.

I was talking to the folks at NWA that fly the DC-9. Seems like their day is just like a day at SWA. Except we only spend 20-30 minutes on the ground. Who needs anymore airport appreciation time then that?

Now be nice..

Hi, SWA/FO,

The ex-JetBlue guy in your class was my sim partner at JB. He's a good guy; you're lucky to have him. At the time, he was taking most of a day to get to work in NY from Chicago, and that was before 9/11 and the Great Jumpseat Clampdown. I think he made the right move for his situation. If you run into him at MDW, tell him I said "armageddon". He'll know what I'm talking about. :D

Jeff

Latest resources

Back