Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA vs. FedEx- Who has better SCHEDULES?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keith, can you please list the average amount of DAYS OFF per month that a domestic FedEx pilot gets?

What are the minimum amount of days off a FedEx pilot gets?

What about the maximum days off that the senior pilots get?

Min Days off for July

flight-crew: In the Jul bidpack for the Boeing, the actual lines have between 16 and 23 days off. Most lines are in the 18-20 days off range, but there are a lot with 16 or 17 and very few with more than 20, only a few. Only 1 line had 23 days off, so if you were the most senior Capt, FO or SO you could get 23 days off out of 35 days in the Jul bid month. You could also get more days off without pay by dropping trips if you needed to.

Most junior (assuming reserve) gets 13 days off in a 4 week bid month (Jun) and 16 days off in a 5 week bid month (Jul).

FJ

July Bid Pack

flight-crew,

I have sent you two PM's with my home e-mail address. If you send me a message there, I will e-mail you a copy of the July bid pack so you can see the schedules yourself. You will need Acrobat reader since it is published in .pdf format.

As previously posted, the number of "days off" varies greatly and depends on your seniority and whether you commute.

Another aspect that hasn't been mentioned is vacation. Last year during my first vacation period I turned seven vacation days into six weeks off. It is not unusual to fly with a captain in May who says he won't be back until August.

Latest resources

Back