Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

w8n4swa

...in OAK!
After getting a backup file from Mark, the list is now alive and well. You'll be glad to know we have a new list coming out after losing everything (including the back up) from a problem on my computer this week. I wouldn't want 260 people mad at me, so I worked on it last night and finished it up this morning....sent in the update this afternoon.

With 260 on the "unofficial" list we still have a few poolies out there that are not listed. Please send us your stats if you can. Also considering to keep the numbers listed along each poolies name to get an idea how many go to class this year rather than taking them off the list as months pass by. Any comments or opinions?

Thanks to you all for making this list possible and congrats to those going to class!!

W8n4swa:cool:

Well Done

Thanx again for your hard work.

I am not sure what you are asking here:

"Also considering to keep the numbers listed along each poolies name to get an idea how many go to class this year rather than taking them off the list as months pass by"

If you are asking if you should take people off as they train, my vote would be YES! It would give me some joy seeing my number go down instead of up for a change!!!

I concur with LiveFree, get the old guys outta there. People get a sense of progress if you move them up on the scale. You are doing an outstanding job keeping the poolies motivated. I'm sure they all thank you for the work.

Old, Retired, and enjoying watching you young folk keep it goin'.

Corndog

W8n,

Agree with LiveFreeorDie and Corndog,

It is really nice to see your number go down as the months pass by. Additionally, as some folks seem to be skipped or MIA in our list, it would be easier to read if the folks in class, were removed. Just my 2cts.

Many thanks for your effort on this project. GREAT JOB! If you need to turn over the reigns after you go to class, I'm a volunteer.

Hooch

w8n
First of all, thanks a million for the pool list. You rock. It gives us poolies something to hang on to while we wait to towel off.

You said:
"Also considering to keep the numbers listed along each poolies name to get an idea how many go to class this year rather than taking them off the list as months pass by. Any comments or opinions?"

When we call for updates from LL, she will tell us estimates based on the number of poolies left in the pool. So to make list go along with LL, you should delete the New Hires. Or at least, remove their numbers, like you did last year when we had classes. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks W8n....

again, for doing the leg work on the list!!!:D

Ditto on all above comments regards to punting the "dry ones" off the list..... there's NOTHING I want to see more than my #93 being turned into a 73, then a 53, a 33, a 13..... then POOF!!! I'll be in DAL!!!!!!!:D :D

Thanks again for keeping the list going - won't it be GREAT when there IS NO pool list!!!!?

Tred

I gotta tell you W8N.... The list and this board really helped the time go by for me. I know that I really appreciated the effort you put in on the list. I also really appreciate the time that people like Chase put in helping us pull our heads from our butts!!!

If I had a vote I'd get rid of all the dead weight on the list. I know that it sure felt better for me to see my number going up!!!

Either way, the list rocks.... Keep it up!!! I'll buy you a pitcher or two in Big D!!!

OAK

(I wonder if they will let me be MDY or Bust??? I hope so!!!!!!)

:D

Wow! Thanks for all these responses. Honestly I enjoy keeping the list...it sure takes the HURT out of sitting around and W8n!

Looks like the vote is in and the numbers WILL be reduced. This would make us all feel better to see the numbers decline. Next update eliminates all the January class numbers.

All cold adult beverage offers will gladly be accepted!! See you all in Dallas!

THANX

I just wanna say thanx.. I am not on the swa list but I am on the fdx list... It is really nice to be able visualize something (anything)... It is easy to grow impatient sitting for months at a time... However, it is people like you that give me a reason to check out the daily mill...

THANX,
Waitinginline

Latest resources

Back