• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA & Unemployed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had to hand the company a letter resigning from my employer when I got hired. You give them the address and THEY send it in for you.

That being said I've got a bud or two that had a "handshake" agreement with their "former" employer the toss the letter when they got it.

One bud was gone for a year and mysteriously got his old job back with full seniority when he was recalled.

Funny how that works.

Gup

I had to hand the company a letter resigning from my employer when I got hired. You give them the address and THEY send it in for you.

That being said I've got a bud or two that had a "handshake" agreement with their "former" employer the toss the letter when they got it.

One bud was gone for a year and mysteriously got his old job back with full seniority when he was recalled.

Funny how that works.

Gup

Was that a "handshake" or a "reach around" to get the old job back?

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little humor....

Absoulutly nothing implied to any party involved!

Probably lost my shot at an interview after that comment.........

I'll be the first newhire ever to foot the bill on SWA's postage on that letter.
It'll have to be the letter in a FED tube filled with a dozen roses.......

Last edited:

Funny how that works.

Gup

I'll second that. I had to resign from ATA since I was furloughed, and also give SWA a copy of my resignation from my employer that I had just left... SWA apparently mailed/faxed both of them to these former employers.

And, yes, I've heard of a few AAers going back about 10-18 months ago.

I'll second that. I had to resign from ATA since I was furloughed, and also give SWA a copy of my resignation from my employer that I had just left... SWA apparently mailed/faxed both of them to these former employers.

And, yes, I've heard of a few AAers going back about 10-18 months ago.

Had one from my class go back to AA.

F-Dawg,
I really don't want to be negative, but with you being a civilian with only 3000 hours, I'm not really sure that's all that competitive. Most of the civilian guys I've run into all had 6000 or 7000 hours, with around 2000 turbine PIC. Good luck to you!

not that it would stop me from going to SWA but curious if they require you to retire you seniority num if furloughed?

Unless you were furloughed from UPS or Fedex, I can't possibly see which legacy carrier you'd want to go back to after going to SWA. Your future has a better outcome at SWA than any other legacy.

Latest resources

Back