• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TV show

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey United States Navy Federal Express Dude...... You don't even know me. You have determined through my posts that I have a chip on my shoulder.

I would guess: that you have never done the type of frieght job, that I had . You happen to have a top on the line freight job. I doubt you have seen anything that I have in my freight days.

You probably got out of the Navy and when directly to FedEx.....am I right? Just wondering...

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Forgive me for posting on the Majors board for I am a lowly regional pilot. Most in my position would jump at the chance to work at any of your airlines (SWA, UPS, or FDX). I assume most pilots at these companies can tell all of us several great reasons they enjoy their job and a couple of things they wish could improve.
Let me clue all combatants of this thread in. If you work for SWA, UPS, or FDX there are several thousand pilots out there that would embrace the opportunity to even interview at your company. You all have great jobs.
When I read such absolute nonsense in some of these posts I wonder if you need acceptance from a bunch of goofy guys like myself to make yourselves feel better. If you do...here it is.
SWA would be an amazing place to work.
UPS would be an amazing place to work.
FDX would be an amazing place to work.
Do we all feel better now?? I hope so.
Have a great weekend and fly safe. No matter if you fly boxes or white trash (and everything in between).

The only post worth reading on this thread.

Couldn't agree more with the post above...but... I happened to get picked up by FedEx first and I don't think I could ever go back and fly people again. From my experience the pax guys don't know what they are missing and the guys that went straight to FedEx don't know how good that they have it.
Of course I did just spend the whole day deadheading home on a pax airline with some stupid kid kicking my seat for two hours straight and I have never fully recovered from discovering that my name is on the watch list and that it cannot be removed. Give me the "wrong" side of the airport anyday!

Lucky freight dog,
boost

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Forgive me for posting on the Majors board for I am a lowly regional pilot. Most in my position would jump at the chance to work at any of your airlines (SWA, UPS, or FDX). I assume most pilots at these companies can tell all of us several great reasons they enjoy their job and a couple of things they wish could improve.
Let me clue all combatants of this thread in. If you work for SWA, UPS, or FDX there are several thousand pilots out there that would embrace the opportunity to even interview at your company. You all have great jobs.
When I read such absolute nonsense in some of these posts I wonder if you need acceptance from a bunch of goofy guys like myself to make yourselves feel better. If you do...here it is.
SWA would be an amazing place to work.
UPS would be an amazing place to work.
FDX would be an amazing place to work.
Do we all feel better now?? I hope so.
Have a great weekend and fly safe. No matter if you fly boxes or white trash (and everything in between).

Well put. It is truly to each their own. I see the conflict here as when someone says they wouldn't want to fly freight, which should be understandable, the freight people come out on the defensive mode and come off as quite arrogant. Then before you know it its a civilian vs military thing.

I am sure that most all here would not be as brave to say the things they do on here if they had to face to face. Because they know they wouldn't have any teeth left.:eek:

SWAdude said:
Well put. It is truly to each their own. I see the conflict here as when someone says they wouldn't want to fly freight, which should be understandable, the freight people come out on the defensive mode and come off as quite arrogant. Then before you know it its a civilian vs military thing.

I am sure that most all here would not be as brave to say the things they do on here if they had to face to face. Because they know they wouldn't have any teeth left.:eek:

I agree completely.

I have noticed the same thing.

On a thread note, I find the show to put SWA in a good light. It amazes me how some people think it makes the airline look bad. I wish my company looked that good. We wouldn't even come in to a close second.:rolleyes:

No wonder our industry is being torn apart. We are to busy picking fights among ourselves than to fight in unity.

We are all doomed.

FNG_that's me said:
And so has everyone else. Chill out, you do appear to have a chip on your shoulder.

He doesn't. Just because he is a fan of Southwest, it does not make him evil. Some people are rabid fans of USC, and they are not evil, just idiots. If having an incontrovertible fondness of Southwest give you a chip, then pass the dip.

BBB,

Wake up. The best airline out there is the one that hired you/me/them at the time. If UPS was your only application then you were either an idiot, naive or didn't really want a high level flying job.

Which was it?

Gup

Good Lord. I go away for a few months and the first thing I return to is.....(drum roll........)

1) Freight vs. pax

2) Mil vs. civilian

3) SWA vs. everybody.

(Rim shot)

Somebody get me an ice pick so I can pluck out my eyes.

Latest resources

Back