Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Turbine PIC requirement...in a Caravan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JDriver said:
Since the T-38s engines are practically next to each other right smack dab in the center of the airframe.......I think it qualifies as centerline thrust.

Yeah, the point I'm trying to make here is the T-38 shouldn't count as multi time, though it is, and the F-14, in which the engines are farther apart truly is multi engine time.

Two engines = ME. On the other hand, when the AF guys pick up their commerical MEI at the end of pilot training (after passing the FAA written) their tickets are restricted to centerline thrust only. FWIW, or not ;)

Not sure which civilian ME turbine aircraft are centerline thrust.
'Props

Good question about the Caravan time. I have been a regional FO for 7 years and had descent time even before that. Can't manage to upgrade and I am still years away. I am exploring all avenues for making myself competitive (logging PIC), except going to a low pay contract regional. (JB won't even call.)

Intstead of the Caravan, plenty of operators will higher you as a Shorts, Metro or Bandit PIC...definetly M.E. and turbine. I would think if you were willing to fly a Caravan, then flying one of the other a/c would be the same type of pay and QOL and then there would be no question.

I've thought long and hard about a busy 135 jet operator.

For what it's worth, I interviewed while flying a Caravan. It meets the letter of the law for the Turbine time requirement, but I don't thinks it's competitive regardless of what you have in your logbook.

Just my opinion, fly something bigger. You'll be the only one in the room flying a 208, trust me.

Launchpad

To add insult to injury.... Interviewer #2 actually asked me if a Caravan was a Turbine! I pretty much knew where I stood at that point!

Good luck-

Launchpad said:
To add insult to injury.... Interviewer #2 actually asked me if a Caravan was a Turbine! I pretty much knew where I stood at that point!
Good luck-

(assuming this was a SWA interview) you should have asked "is southwest even a real airline? Do you have flights to hawaii or london?"

skiandsurf said:
(assuming this was a SWA interview) you should have asked "is southwest even a real airline? Do you have flights to hawaii or london?"

Do flights to London or Hawaii consinder an airline a real airline?

Just to let you guys know. I just got called for an interview with my only turbine PIC being in turbine Air Tractors. I now am an FO at a regional and have about 8500 total time with about 1600 PIC turbine in the crop dusters. We will see how it goes. I do know one other guy that got on with very similiar times. I'll let you all know what happens.

RJones said:
Do flights to London or Hawaii consinder an airline a real airline?
Consinder? Are you trying to obfuscate the issue with clerver words?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back