SWA Trip Trading

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

Hope SWAPA looks at how Airtran trip trades, because this 1920 technology is a joke.

You have 3 day on the 5th. The 5th is blocked (low reserves) but you want to pick up a 4 day on the 4th. NO, their system will not allow that. Are you kidding me?

Wonder why sick calls are so high? Trip trading needs to be fixed!

Shut up and color!!
Seriously though, I know it's frustrating. I honestly don't know why. It's not a technology issue and I'd suggest that you call your rep. If nothing else, you'll get an explanation as to why. That might not help but they need to know- especially during a section 6.

Hope SWAPA looks at how Airtran trip trades, because this 1920 technology is a joke.

You have 3 day on the 5th. The 5th is blocked (low reserves) but you want to pick up a 4 day on the 4th. NO, their system will not allow that. Are you kidding me?

I do agree .

If you want a 4 day on The 4 th look what others have in TTGA. Or better yet, put your trip in TTGA saying you will trade for a 4 day on the 4 th.

You will get lots of offers . Good luck :)

PS you can also send messages to pilots w there 4 day in give a way ,telling them u will trade for ur 3 day Most will trade as they are trying to trade down days

Last edited:

Why complain here? Try the swapa forum where some one might give you an answer and their reps actually read things. It is stupid though. Be glad they don't pay like Air Tran though and call your rep

ELITT used to be great before DTC was allowed, then negotiated into the contract by SWApA (they actually claimed it as a "gain" in TA1), so that there would be more uncovered open time in the system so that the same few guys can get their POT. Add net zero into the mix and it makes it very hard to work MORE.

One way to avoid it, and still be able to trade trips around, is to bid Thursday or Sunday starts if you're senior enough. There are, typically, very few pure weekday trips in ELITT, so if you bid a weekday line, you are most likely gonna fly what you get.

DTCs are mainly on Friday and Saturday. If you bid Thurs or Sunday starts, it gives you the option of moving into Friday or Sat start if you find something you'd prefer, without running into DTC or legality issues.

Be thankful that we voted down TA1, since there were roughly TWICE as many allowable DTCs than we got with TA2.

Very aggravating to be willing to work more at straight time, and not be able to do it because of this nonsense. Training scheduling is a blast too.

TTGA is hit or miss, (mostly miss, especially if you're trying to give anything away).

Last edited:

You are preaching to the choir son. The company has lost all sense of how to save a buck.

Latest resources

Back