Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA transition bid needs to be reopened!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy it while it lasts (flying the 717). Been on a public forum I'm not going to say much, but the 717s will start to be retired this year. Unless something changes, that's how it stands from a meeting.

Good Aircraft, but does not fit into SWs fleet requirements over the next 3-5 years, + given there expected deliveries of new aircraft this year.

You are a horrible story teller.

You first mentioned on this forum in 2002 you were interested in making a career of flying. So in ten years you went from nobody to flying jets and in a position at the company to be in a meeting?

No ********************ing way.

08-10-2002, 20:15 #1 C601

Civ/Mil: F-86, Saab Gripen (JAS39)
A/C Flown: Challenger 601
Ratings: .
Total Time: .

icon9.gif
Need help regarding flight training
Hi.

To start of with i'm looking for honest replys to this post, i have done a search regarding my question in this forum to bring myself up todate on who people feel about these flight schools (not a good one by the looks of it)

My question, i have looked into the likes of GSA, ATA, and that other school that uses Kingairs in Deland FL amd ATP. Are these schools just a waste of time for a person who wants to make a career of flying and find a Good Soild Flight training program so i can earn my rates up to CPL/IR ME and find bridge a program that can get me the Req'ed hrs to be aleast 200 to 300ME TT and 1000hrs TT.

As for what your probably thinking become a CFI etc and build your time there, i really feel that i would not make a good instructor, i have carefully thought about it over many months i simply do not make a good teacher. ( i wish i did )

I do not want to take out a $80,000 unsecured loan like ATA told me to do to finance there program.

All i want to do is find a respected flight school that can help me get enough time so i can get that first job. I do work in the Aviation industry and throught out the years i have made alot of contacts which i think will help me.

Any constructive and helpfull advice welcome....

Last edited:
Owned.

Heard Airtran MX got word of a New 717 conversion time line. Nothing to late 2013 if at all. So GK can find a 717 buyer. Hows that for One LUV.

The fact that you clowns think southwest is untouchable is funny. Your company is teetering. The reach outside the us will end it. Slinging gear at 150k will end it

The fact that you clowns think southwest is untouchable is funny. Your company is teetering. The reach outside the us will end it. Slinging gear at 150k will end it

Who crapped in your Cheerios? Must be a hell of a way to go through life.

:laugh:

Mr. corporate guy,

I have never heard any Southwest pilot say they are untouchable. I think they just take pride in there company when some angry,unhappy person starts to slam there company.

You are a good example. You fly corporate because you can't get an airline job, so it makes you feel better to slam a place you could never get hired at.

SWA is very touchable, who told you otherwise? It's going through some serious growing pains, it will survive. I'll say it again, the day SWA takes a dump is the day everyone else is already in ther second or third trip through BK.

Latest resources

Back