Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA transition bid needs to be reopened!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice with the name calling. I voted for Obama because I don't want religion anywhere near my government, I don't want the government to take away my ability to collectively bargin, I think stem cell research should be funded,I don't want to have to send my kids to private school because someone in the state legislature decided that creationism should be taught in public schools, and I believe that everyone should have access to health care even if I have to pay a little more in taxes to pay for it, just to name a few.

Yep, what he said!

Nice with the name calling. I voted for Obama because I don't want religion anywhere near my government, I don't want the government to take away my ability to collectively bargin, I think stem cell research should be funded,I don't want to have to send my kids to private school because someone in the state legislature decided that creationism should be taught in public schools, and I believe that everyone should have access to health care even if I have to pay a little more in taxes to pay for it, just to name a few.

The constitution provides protection from religious tyranny, although many don't understand the concept, as it was designed to keep government from infiltrating religion aka the Church of England, not the other way around.
While I admire your "idealism" I cringe that you expect government to handle all of those problems for you.
As far as creationism, it is free speech - I guess only free speech you like is allowed, as in intolerance in the name of tolerance.
As far as stem cell research, they have already discovered stem cells that are more accessible that provide more promise that don't come from fetal tissue, wouldn't have happened without forcing the scientific community to find a better way.
As far as collective bargaining, I don't think you really understand the difference between labor negotiating with private enterprise versus government unions negotiating against elected officials - a relationship best described as incest. There is a difference.
As far as healthcare, I would challenge you to research how well government health care is working out in other countries. I lived in Germany for three years and a friend of mine tore his knee ligament. After waiting 8 months for an appointment (his condition was not life-threatening so he was on standby), he was told that he was too old to have the knee repaired - he was 35 (i.e. not worth the cost to fix it)
Government is a necessary evil, but an evil all same. While you seem to have a stance on what you prefer, I fear you don't really understand what you are talking about...

If you think government can fix your problems, by all means, continue to vote the way you do. I worked for the government, and I can tell you it can do nothing well. And with each new government program created to manage our lives, it will cost more tax dollars to the people while creating absolutely nothing in economic terms - a sinkhole that will eventually crush our economy beyond repair..

Last edited:
The constitution provides protection from religious tyranny, although many don't understand the concept, as it was designed to keep government from infiltrating religion aka the Church of England, not the other way around.
While I admire your "idealism" I cringe that you expect government to handle all of those problems for you.
As far as creationism, it is free speech - I guess only free speech you like is allowed, as in intolerance in the name of tolerance.
As far as stem cell research, they have already discovered stem cells that are more accessible that provide more promise that don't come from fetal tissue, wouldn't have happened without forcing the scientific community to find a better way.
As far as collective bargaining, I don't think you really understand the difference between labor negotiating with private enterprise versus government unions negotiating against elected officials - a relationship best described as incest. There is a difference.
As far as healthcare, I would challenge you to research how well government health care is working out in other countries. I lived in Germany for three years and a friend of mine tore his knee ligament. After waiting 8 months for an appointment (his condition was not life-threatening so he was on standby), he was told that he was too old to have the knee repaired - he was 35 (i.e. not worth the cost to fix it)
Government is a necessary evil, but an evil all same. While you seem to have a stance on what you prefer, I fear you don't really understand what you are talking about...

If you think government can fix your problems, by all means, continue to vote the way you do. I worked for the government, and I can tell you it can do nothing well. And with each new government program created to manage our lives, it will cost more tax dollars to the people while creating absolutely nothing in economic terms - a sinkhole that will eventually crush our economy beyond repair..

Yep, what he said!

Learherkjay gets it!:beer:

&*%$ idiot, who then is at fault for the price of gold. Its a commodity you idiot. Explain how the repubs are controling the price of oil. You people with your "big oil" theories.....nevermind, just vote for Obama and make yourself feel good. how does that saying go "Voted for Obama, proved I'm not a racist, Now vote in 2012 and prove your not stupid."

Great post!!

All valid points, I just don't agree with them. If you believe the republicans will stop at public unions, I am sorry but unions are the thorn in side of large corporations and until they are abolished along with those pesky labor laws, the republicans will always fight against organized labor. On the god and religion stuff, well we will have to
Agree to disagree on that because I won't force my belief system on anyone just like I don't want forced on me or my family. The problem I have with the right you either agree with them or not no compromise what so ever

Well-said.

I don't hear any black helicopters . . . . I think you can relax. ;)

I chose the 717 (for commuting purposes) and I'm not sweating it.

Enjoy it while it lasts (flying the 717). Been on a public forum I'm not going to say much, but the 717s will start to be retired this year. Unless something changes, that's how it stands from a meeting.

Good Aircraft, but does not fit into SWs fleet requirements over the next 3-5 years, + given there expected deliveries of new aircraft this year.

Last edited:
Enjoy it while it lasts (flying the 717). Been on a public forum I'm not going to say much, but the 717s will start to be retired this year. Unless something changes, that's how it stands from a meeting.

Good Aircraft, but does not fit into SWs fleet requirements over the next 3-5 years, + given there expected deliveries of new aircraft this year.

Good thing I haven't cracked a book yet . . . :rolleyes:

Seriously, at the speed things happen in this industry, if they made the decision tomorrow, it would probably still be a year or more before much changed.

Slow news day at American? I too was at that meeting. It started at 5pm and ended at 7pm. Appetizers were half off. The amazing thing is, the more we drank, the easier it was to solve the worlds problems and predict exactly how the economy and industry would play out.

Latest resources

Back