• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get paid for the guarantee until line qualified of 85/87/89 trips depending on the month length 28,29/30/31. First year pay is $50.17 per trip. So for Feb it would be 85x$50.17 for the month.

Can't remember when the first check actually is. Welcome to SWA!

No per diem until you start IOE.
Free noise cancelling headset when you show up.
Uniform expenses $300-400 ...deducted from paycheck.

Training 6 weeks. Usually get to do IOE from any base you want ...but not always. 4 days off minimum after IOE so you can catch up with the family. Going home on the weekends is usually possible for the first 3-4 weeks depending on where you live. The last 2 weeks get pretty busy and no time to go home. Spouses or partners can also come and visit during the weekends (first 3-4 weekends) since they get flight benefits right away. Nice pool and fitness center at the hotel,...van takes you to a nice grocery store, and there are microwaves and refrigerators in every SWA room.

After IOE scheduling builds you a line to fly for the next month out of whatever base you want...usually but they don't have to.

Overall,.. great experience and they are very good at getting you through training.

1) Make some good friends while in training.

2) Cooperate and graduate.

3) Drink beer after class/sim.

4) Keep the big picture and do 1 day's work at a time.

5) If you are a civilian, sleep during the Jepp explanation period.

6) If you are former/active Mil., sleep during the bombing/air-to-air refueling/1-v-1/formation flight period.

7) It ALWAYS comes together 10 minutes before the check ride, always.

Lastly, have FUN AND ENJOY yourself. Only you will determine how much stress is placed on yourself, or how little for that matter.

Hey Folks

Do you get full sized cockpit posters (the typical three piece set)when you get to training. I like those on the wall when I'm training.

Thanks

Interviewed last month and have not heard a word yet. Heard they had the board meeting on Jan 24. Does anybody know how long it takes them to let you know your status? Do they reject you via email?

Last edited:
Interviewed last month and have not heard a word yet. Heard they had the board meeting on Jan 24. Does anybody know how long it takes them to let you know your status? Do they reject you via email?

Rejection comes by snail mail. Offer of employment comes by phone call. I know they're working double-time to get people hired and into classes quickly so I'd expect a phone call by the end of next week maybe. Letter takes a little longer I'm sure. Please don't drive off a cliff next Friday though as the timeline is never in stone. :laugh:

GOOD LUCK!

Latest resources

Back