SWA training pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WTFOVER

I remember reading this information on here months ago but I cant seem to find it. What is the pay during training at SWA? I just want to know what to expect.

Also how long can one expect to be on reserve at a junior base such as OAK, BWI, and MDW?

Any other pertinent new hire info would be appreciated. I should be recieving a new hire package soon that will probably explain some things but opinions cant hurt. Thanks in advance.

I don't know your answer right off hand, but I do know that when you search, if you don't adjust the dates of the search (advanced feature?) it only searches back a month or so.

Slug

WTFOVER said:
I remember reading this information on here months ago but I cant seem to find it. What is the pay during training at SWA? I just want to know what to expect.

Also how long can one expect to be on reserve at a junior base such as OAK, BWI, and MDW?

Any other pertinent new hire info would be appreciated. I should be recieving a new hire package soon that will probably explain some things but opinions cant hurt. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat. From what I understand, it's 44.15 X line guarantee (around 75TFP?).

As far as how long on reserve. . . typical answer, depends on who's behind you. Looks like 3 classes a month for May, June and July 06 as per rumor. That sounds about like 180 folks with my math! Sounds good to me. That makes for a lot of movement, so maybe only a few months of reserve at OAK?

Any good info here, please chime in!

Last edited:
You even get a hotel room for your entire stay! Medical bennies from day 1! We are the real deal here!

Your first check will be $2000.00 gross and will take I think it was a two weeks to get. Next check will be $1700 than $1500 gross. your 401k will start the first day of the quarter. All of your other benefits start the first day of training.

$ 1.25 an hr if you are PFT and 2000.00 you have drunk from the holy grail. Just kidding, its about 2 bills.

GuppyWN said:
Really all you have to remember is "yes captain" and "I'll take the fat one."

Gup

Kind of like what we used to tell wingman: The only things I want to hear outta you is "You're on fire" and "I got the fat chic."

WTFOVER said:

1) Training pay is $44.15/trip * 95 Trips for pay. (about $4400/mo) As far as when and how much initially, goto oakpilotbase.com and look for New Hire Welcome Package or Maesto instructions. There's a PDF file with info about new hire training pay.

2) OAK, BWI, MDW reserve. Past few classes have been going to OAK (a few people to MCO and BWI). MDW is very junior (ie you probably won't get it out of training), but it's supposed to expand in the next few months. Expect to sit reserve for about 4 months, maybe 2/3 if you stay in OAK. Your first complete month off of IOE, you are gauranteed a non reserve line. If you finish IOE early in the month they will also build you a flying line to complete the month. There are about 30 reserve lines OAK, MCO, and BWI so you can do the math. A friend of mine recently is on reserve at MDW and he's been here since may.

Hope it helps.

Just looking at the transportation section on oakpilotbase.com ....do any of you OAK commuters use the BART...and is it safe...I will be commuting and just wondering if I need to bring my car out there or if there are others doing something else.
I am not on property yet....just trying to get my ducks in a row. Thanks YA'LL
FR8

Latest resources

Back