• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
most of the hotels near the airport have courtesy shuttles. Not a lot of crash pads out there (or at least i haven't found them). The BART terminal is a few miles from the airport, but there is AirBART to get you there. It's about as safe as any public trans in a large city. I don't fear for my life, but i am careful.

Is that what most folks do...stay in a Hotel a when you have an early show? If so what are some of the better/safer ones that are still affordable in OAK?These questions may sound very elementary to some of you guys...I have never worked at an airline and I have never had to commute so this is all new to me. Thanks again guys/gals. Looking forward to the end of May/early June.

FR8dognit said:
Is that what most folks do...stay in a Hotel a when you have an early show? If so what are some of the better/safer ones that are still affordable in OAK?These questions may sound very elementary to some of you guys...I have never worked at an airline and I have never had to commute so this is all new to me. Thanks again guys/gals. Looking forward to the end of May/early June.

First...congratulations. There are no elementary questions.

Plan on staying at Best Western or La quinta. Book your rooms early. When you get to OAK you'll get a better feel of whats best. I don't know of too many that use Bart. I think it stops at 11:30p or so and starts at around 5: 00a so there could be conflicts depending on your show time.

It takes a little time to get a hold of the whole job. Commuting is only one element. Give your-self 6 months to a year to get a good feel of our system and culture. Give the Captains the respect they deserve and most all will treat you like gold.

Your Gonna love this place!!

wtfover,

i am normally a passive user of the forum, but i have some maybe beneficial info (for once). i commuted to oak for 5 months from mdw (we have a base in mdw?) and normally stayed in the la quinta coliseum (510-632-8900) which was the best of the hotels down by the stadium. believe me i tried them all! it was about $45 per night out the door. the la quinta haywood (510-732-6300) started matching rates with the other la quinta right before i left oak and it is much nicer, i am told by people who have stayed at both. the haywood has a gym in it, and is in a lot better neighborhood. all of the coliseum hotels have one shuttle service (top notch shuttle is the name) and it shows hourly at every 18 and 48. the haywood shuttle you have to call, i believe. the coliseum la quinta will give you a free pass to the 24 hour fitness about 5 minutes away, and take you there and pick you up after. if you go to the gym there, bring a towel or you have to buy one for like $3! the pay issue has been well-answered already by others. good luck, and welcome!

Thanks for the info...BTW...My commute is out of the Dallas area....any tips on the best way to get there? Do most jump on SWA the whole way making one or two stops or do they jump on another airline? Thanks again.
FR8

i know there are some aa flights between oak and dfw that i have taken a few times enroute to xna to visit family. the crews were great every time and i had no problem getting on either way. good luck getting to hou. i think there are guys down there now that were hired in september, so it should not take you too long.

Latest resources

Back