• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, I went down to the bar and ended up meeting some of the interview team. I sure don't think that it hurts to get some more time in front of the interviewers. Just don't make a jerk out of yourself and no harm done. For me, having met some of the interview folks the night before helped me to feel more relaxed during the interview. If you are overly worried about how you will come across at the bar, you may also have some problems during the interview. Just relax and be yourself, whatever that is.

Pay is approx. 3k/month in training depending on your tax info and other junk. After a couple of months it really shoots up if you are willing to make the best of your off days. I tried to work my way out to OAK and work my way back if I could. Second year pay, just to commute. Sometimes it worked and other times, not. You can easily make 70k your first year if you want to work. Some folks really like their time off, I don't blame them, but I wasn't used to time off when I started either. There is plenty to pick up in the 7 bases and if you want to fly, then you can. Straight pay, 1st yr. no extra, is about 4k/mo.(after the IRS steals from you) and about 6k for year two. What a pleasure it is to go to work here. Quality of life is gooooood. Min days off are 15 and you will easily get to 17-18 in year one.

Training is laid back and a little frustrating. You won't be used to the pace or the method, but it's great. Most civilians from regionals and military guys are familiar with having to build the a/c and we don't do that here. You're an operator, not an engineer. Much gouge available and you don't have to show up ready for the PC. Keep your opinions to yourself, do what they ask, and give the training a chance to sink in. Most importantly, be prepared to have a good time in DAL. Welcome.

Dead on. I just studied the memory limitations, checked items and boldface. Read over the sytems a bit so you know at least that there is a hydro system and some fuel stuff. You will be fine. There was a reason to have a party in the bar almost everynight. Make sure you go to one of the flight attendant liquor mock-ups.....that is where they get to learn to make drinks for passengers. It is a $1 a drink at the HQ....very fun. The new hire parties are a blast....don't drink too much wild turkey or you will end up with another one on the way like myself..... Have fun it goes by fast...When you get on the line the Captains have been great...I never buy coffee and rarely a lunch.....On IOE the guy bought all my dinners. I wish first year would last 3.

Holiday INN Select was just fine, the sports bar food was priced right (tell them you are there with SWA) and tasted great.

Get the breakfast delivered to your room and avoid the inevitable spill on your new suit.

The Holiday INN worked well in my case as it gave me a chance to catch up with some buds already in training.

Be pleasant from the word go, tip when appropriate, and thank the interviewers for their time.

My interview group (12 March) as a whole had a really positve experience, it really helped my outlook to look at the fellow applicants as potential classmates and future aviation connections vice competition for the job.

Best of luck,

Tonka

***Timing is everything and the timing is good

When you get on the line the Captains have been great...I never buy coffee and rarely a lunch.....On IOE the guy bought all my dinners. I wish first year would last 3.

Wow. You are describing a fantasy land. JB captains -- take note.

Latest resources

Back