• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't agree enough with the people who say that the interview starts early. I believe it starts when you make the call to arrange your must ride pass to DAL. When I got to the airport at MSY for my travel the ticket counter agent asked if I was going for a FA interview despite the fact that it said right on my letter/ticket that I was going for an FO intervew. probably just to gage my reaction and or discover and pre determined attitudes and prejudices towards how I would treat other crew members. Maybe I am just paranoid but I don't think so in this case. I stayed at the Renaissance and was glad to have done so. Only people I bumped into were two fellow interviewees in the bar and we swapped a few stories. Unless you are a social clown I think it would be good to do. In my case did not get any brownie points with interviewers, but did give me the comfort of seeing a couple of familiar faces the next day and that helped to relax me. During the interview I probably did all the things that a pro like Albie F15 would tell you not to. I crossed my legs and probably fidgeted with my hands and used them to help tell the stories. Before we went in the PD people said to just relax and act like you are having a converstaion in a hotel bar, hence the previous posters' notion that they are evaluating the liklihood that they would want to kill you after a 3 day trip. I did just that, relaxed and let them see who I was to the best of my ability and it worked for me.... Best of luck to anyone and if any ?'s pleasse feel free to PM me. I had some good help from the inside when it came to the DB (I was considered on the March DB). Cheers, klr

A point of clarification. No one is actually taking notes on you (other than the interviewers). Just treat people like you want to be treated and you'll be fine. SWA doesn't waste a penny on anything, do you really think the overworked ticket agent/FA/cafeteria worker is going to take time out of their day to track down who you are and write something up?
Having said that, I did ride over from the Renaissance the am of my interview with three of the guys giving the interviews. Glad I always tip. Good luck to all.

......... do you really think the overworked ticket agent/FA/cafeteria worker is going to take time out of their day to track down who you are and write something up?

Don't worry, that only happens once you get hired. :angryfire

Other Hotel Options...

FWIW, I stayed at the Sheraton Suites--great place! SWA rate $49/night, free transpo anywhere w/in 5 mile radius and a quick 10 min walk to the Rennaissance. Huge suites king bed, quiet. Highly recommend it!

Pay is approx. 3k/month in training depending on your tax info and other junk. After a couple of months it really shoots up if you are willing to make the best of your off days. I tried to work my way out to OAK and work my way back if I could. Second year pay, just to commute. Sometimes it worked and other times, not. You can easily make 70k your first year if you want to work. Some folks really like their time off, I don't blame them, but I wasn't used to time off when I started either. There is plenty to pick up in the 7 bases and if you want to fly, then you can. Straight pay, 1st yr. no extra, is about 4k/mo.(after the IRS steals from you) and about 6k for year two. What a pleasure it is to go to work here. Quality of life is gooooood. Min days off are 15 and you will easily get to 17-18 in year one.

Training is laid back and a little frustrating. You won't be used to the pace or the method, but it's great. Most civilians from regionals and military guys are familiar with having to build the a/c and we don't do that here. You're an operator, not an engineer. Much gouge available and you don't have to show up ready for the PC. Keep your opinions to yourself, do what they ask, and give the training a chance to sink in. Most importantly, be prepared to have a good time in DAL. Welcome.

i think some of you are a little to paranoid. I stayed at the holiday inn select. wen't downstairs had a few beers and will be starting class on apr. 18. If you are concerned about where to stay so you don't make an as$ of your self then you don't belong here anyway. just relax(i know its hard) and be yourself.

Latest resources

Back