• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHAT! Not even a 4 year degree or 737 type rating? I'd be counting my lucky stars if I was you. You have a job thousands want and they should have it.... before you.

You never really "considered or wanted SWA" becuase they would NEVER have called you. You should be thanking Gary, not slaming him.

Slaming? Pretty sure that's not a word. There's more of that college superiority shining through. :rolleyes:

SLI-1 was the first bit of spittle. It was insulting to our pilots.

You were either unrealistic, or clueless. Either way, I can't believe you held any position within ALPA. It doesn't exactly make your pilot group look like a well informed or knowledgeable bunch. You feel that Gary schooled you, I can see why.

WHAT! Not even a 4 year degree or 737 type rating? I'd be counting my lucky stars if I was you. You have a job thousands want and they should have it.... before you.

You never really "considered or wanted SWA" becuase they would NEVER have called you. You should be thanking Gary, not slaming him.

I personally think it's hilarious that one of the top ALPA generals will soon be #1 on the swapa list.

I'm confused. You mean the first deal that you guys worked hard to get and were fully briefed on? But when made public, you had to show 'outrage' to save face?

RF
To give our esteemed ALPA Group B4 EVP credit, he was not part of the ATN MEC from June 2011 and beyond. I am sure he still had people on the inside he could get info on, but he wasn't part of the negotiations or direction giving by the MEC.

Straight up, the MC thought the list was not good, but that the big ATL fence, Captain Retention slot program, guaranteed pay raise on 4/1/12, guaranteed integration, and the fact that many SWA pilots were going to retire before the fences dropped was worthy of a vote. The MEC thought otherwise. Let me go see if I can dig up Gary Kelly's August 22, 2011 message that caused Lear70 to crap his pants.

Southwest CEO Kelly responded in the manner he had promised on July 14, 2011, stating, on August 22, 2011, that:

"I was disappointed that ALPA chose to reject the deal. I thought it was very well done and required some give and take on all parts, but it was certainly a very, very generous offer. The economy is in terrible shape and we have alarmingly high fuel costs, so this simply gives us an opportunity to take a step back and take a deep breath and revisit our integration plans going forward.... We've withdrawn our offer, in light of the current economic circumstances. . . . You know, this means that the integration process will continue, but will definitely work at a much slower pace. The whole idea behind that Agreement was to get expedited integration. . . . Ultimately, we're going to do what's in the best interest of our Southwest Airlines culture and our business."

Straight up, the MC thought the list was not good, but that the big ATL fence, Captain Retention slot program, guaranteed pay raise on 4/1/12, guaranteed integration, and the fact that many SWA pilots were going to retire before the fences dropped was worthy of a vote. The MEC thought otherwise. Let me go see if I can dig up Gary Kelly's August 22, 2011 message that caused Lear70 to crap his pants.

See max right there is the problem. The MC went to Dallas (prematurely in my opinion. First the NC should have gone out and negotiated a joint cba and after that was ratified by both groups, then you start talking about sli) anyway, the mc went to Dallas, brought back an agreement, the MEC voted no and then you guys went of the reservation. By your actions and posts on forums and in the crew room, you created animosity and a further division amongst the AirTran pilots. I realize that the agreement was your baby and that you guys worked hard for about a year and a half being away from family and friends, but not you, nor Frank nor Tim or Jack were part of the MEC. The MEC decided what they thought was the appropriate course of action and the mc derailed the entire process because of your personal feelings and needs. Your still doing it. See all that does is make it look like you were not really interested in doing anything for the AirTran pilot group but were only in it for yourself. What you guys should have done after the no vote, was get together with the mec and come up with a strategy as to what's next. But no. You ran with it causing pilots to start a facebook page. Sending e-mails to sw begging for jobs, infighting and recalls and the end result is what we have now. I can only imagine what sw and swapa, as well as our fellow pilots at other airlines were thinking when all this went down. You volunteered to be on the mc. Gave up a portion of your life spent in negotiations, hotel rooms, flights going back and forth between ATL, Dallas and Washington and everything else that goes into it, and for that I thank you for your time. But give it a rest man. Oh and by the way. Please don't send me any more personal messages talking about anger issues and the like. I'm not interested. Good day.

Latest resources

Back