SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They had to be drunk.:nuts:
You laugh but one of the Magnificent Seven couldn't make the scheduled 8:30am van for the July 14th Gary Kelly meeting. Our MEC Chair had to wait for him and take the next van. Little too much drinking at the MEC meeting the previous night. Pretty sad. One of the most important weeks in an AirTran pilots career, and one the MEC reps couldn't cut back on the drinking and focus on the task at hand.

The funny thing is, there was a B737 CA that tried to get me in trouble by "telling" on me one of my failed "cold turkey" attempts. My wife thought he was a tool. That wasn't you was it? :)

I'm going to take the high road here . . . .

I don't remember working with her, but if she married you, her tool-spotter must be inop anyway.

Originally Posted by Bake- Ty, I'm surprised you got caught up in this debate.
"I keep trying to get out, but they pull me back IN!". :uzi:

Last edited:
Funny, for some pilots quality of life trumps money any day. I would be very upset giving up weekends and holidays off for a raise. I spoke with some AirTran FOs making 120-130k the year after signing the new contract. Personally I would not exchange my weekends and days off to commute across the country working holidays. Time spent with my kids is way more important than a 15-35k raise. But it seems like AirTran pilots would rather have quality of life and SWA pilots seem to value money. To each their own I guess.

Funny, for some pilots quality of life trumps money any day. I would be very upset giving up weekends and holidays off for a raise. I spoke with some AirTran FOs making 120-130k the year after signing the new contract. Personally I would not exchange my weekends and days off to commute across the country working holidays. Time spent with my kids is way more important than a 15-35k raise. But it seems like AirTran pilots would rather have quality of life and SWA pilots seem to value money. To each their own I guess.

You are wrong.

An Airtran Captain will make as much as a SWA FO. But the opportunity to earn more for your kids is remarkable. Not to mention a good relationship with management. No strike votes here in 40 + years.

There is an incredible amount more opportunity at SWA than there was/is at AT. Undeniable.

I just jumped in a SWA cockpit. They were talking about a letter all the pilots got from management saying that the company was getting ready to ask for pay cuts and concessions.

Maybe it's not going to be such a big pay raise for the AT guys....

I just jumped in a SWA cockpit. They were talking about a letter all the pilots got from management saying that the company was getting ready to ask for pay cuts and concessions.

Sure. Yea. Right.....

Oh yeah! I bet they were talking about Cold Cuts and concession stands at HP Pavilion. Need a better variety.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back