• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because it's irrational for you to be unhappy.

Oh yippie, look at that huge windfall we got. Where to spend my millions.

:puke:

Hey best friends, sorry to interrupt. I think the AT guys are miffed because their new boss seemed to favor the "other side" in the SLI negotiations, when most bosses stay out of it. Even though some junior SWA pilots were eventually placed below many AT pilots, the Captain slots that were all lost at AT was a big sting. That normally wouldn't probably happen in any SLI that is arbitrated, and previous mergers have all gone to arbitration. Most of the AT guys will eventually assimmilate just fine at SWA, but the wait is unfortunate. It just reminds them of what they lost, and what they are CURRENTLY missing. Initially they had thought they won the lottery. Now, they have to wait for years (most of them) to get the prize. Have a great night friends!

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is why there is a law suit filed by AAI pilots against ALPA.

All AT pilots are suing, or just a few disgruntled? There are always disgruntled pilots in a merger. Plenty say "I got screwed in the merger", except the number 1 guy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, I'm 1-0. The TWA litigation has another few years of litigation before it comes to any finality, and I'm confident that ALPA will prevail. The only case I've predicted that has actually been completed is the Ford/Cooksey litigations (AKA the "RJDC lawsuit"). As I predicted, after many pilots sending their hard earned money to Haber for years, they ended up with essentially nothing. Pennies on the dollar in legal fees, and a paragraph added to the Admin Manual that basically just codified current practice on scope negotiations. But Haber sure made out good!

Doesn't it make you suspicious that your attorney demanded $500 up front to even be on the litigation, plus $50 a month indefinitely, when the common practice for a suit like this would be a class action? You lemmings handed him $65k for doing nothing more than submitting a complaint, and another $75k per year for as long as he can drag this out. And you're about to find out, he can drag it out for a very long time! He's good at one thing: making money off of gullible pilots.
Got it. Next time I am faced with the decision of whether to join a DFR lawsuit or not, I will consult with you and Ty Webb :)

On another note, are you still sticking with your position that you would rather have your old Pinnacle job back (with your original seniority number) than being #7,200 at Southwest (including the potential to retire #2 at SWA)?

Seems like the Pinnacle guys really took it in the shorts. Seven year concessionary agreement. Up to 25% paycut.

http://www.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2013/jumpstories/1-15-13story1.htm#jump

Last edited:
Hey best friends, sorry to interrupt. I think the AT guys are miffed because their new boss seemed to favor the "other side" in the SLI negotiations, when most bosses stay out of it.
Actually, it is kind of refreshing to see SWA management stick up for their employees. The AirTran pilots never had their management stick up for them including the former AirTran Director of Operations pointing out how lucky the AirTran pilots were (that SWA acquired AirTran) at the first negotiating session back in May of 2011.

Even though some junior SWA pilots were eventually placed below many AT pilots, the Captain slots that were all lost at AT was a big sting. That normally wouldn't probably happen in any SLI that is arbitrated, and previous mergers have all gone to arbitration.
In the first negotiated SLI Package (SIA #1), all 851 AirTran Captains were named specifically and given certain rights with respect to holding on to their CA seat. These rights were maintained until 9/27/2020 (10 years after Merger Announcment date).

Most of the AT guys will eventually assimmilate just fine at SWA,
That is what I am hearing from AirTran pilots that have already crossed over.

but the wait is unfortunate. It just reminds them of what they lost, and what they are CURRENTLY missing.
Most Captains aren't in a rush. I am happy to stay on this side of the partition and continue to take care of the BRJ until we can hand them off to you guys General :)

The guys that really want to cross are the FOs that want the pay raise and I understand their angst with the pace of the integration. PCL128 is obviously one exception as he wants to stay on this side of the partition longer so he can keep his Group B3 ALPA National EVP position since he got canned from ATN MEC Vice Chair position by AC, CJ, and CG (former ATN MEC reps).

Initially they had thought they won the lottery. Now, they have to wait for years (most of them) to get the prize.
The biggest "prize" for alot of the AirTran pilots that have multiple airline uniforms in their closets is stability. I had an airline that I really enjoyed flying for shut down on me in December 2001 (Express One International). Also, I was staring a downgrade in the face in 2008 as fuel prices spiked (I only held my seat by 7 numbers, downgrade would have resulted in a $50-60K/yr paycut). Now, I have one of the most stable $160,000/yr flying jobs in the world. I guess I could complain everyday but life is too short for that.

If you haven't read through the DFR complaint yet General, it will really help you understand how we got to this point.

In the first negotiated SLI Package (SIA #1), all 851 AirTran Captains were named specifically and given certain rights with respect to holding on to their CA seat. These rights were maintained until 9/27/2020 (10 years after Merger Announcment date).
These seats would have been lost with the 717 announcement, as well. The language in the agreement you came back with was so weak, you might as well have come back with a handful of magic beans.

"Max", there is a reason your wife made you stop posting on the ATN71 forum . . . and if she knew what you were up to here, she'd shut you down here, as well.

Smart woman; maybe we should have had her at the table, instead. :laugh:

Last edited:
Max,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It mainly the vocal minority that posts on here and it because of them that we got ******************** sandwich number 2 handed down to us. I have a suggestion to you vocal minority. Go back to your ALPA sandbox and play you bunch of numb nuts.

Max,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It mainly the vocal minority that posts on here and it because of them that we got ******************** sandwich number 2 handed down to us. I have a suggestion to you vocal minority. Go back to your ALPA sandbox and play you bunch of numb nuts.
In actuality, it was the lack of testicular fortitude from people like yourself, who begged for sandwich number 2. Hope you're finding it dee-lish. Enjoy. :laugh:

Me, I'm quite happy. I got awarded my first choice of lines for Feb. Ski trip this month, cruise with the family in March. Kids are happy, Mrs. Webb is happy . . . . even the dogs are happy. Life is good. :D

Last edited:
30 717s to delta in 2013. 40 in 2014, the rest parked 1/1/2015. Delta leasing a 717 in April to do IP IOE by Boing. On line at delta in August. Source is Delta 717 training staff.

Latest resources

Back