• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to Me-he-ko?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The growth prospects are huge. We will systematically kick everyones ass in mexico just like we have done for over 35 years here.

The growth prospects were huge. While you were ignoring it, several network carriers were exploring and exploiting every niche.

Aviacsa didn't do too well with the low-cost bit. The reason? Most Mexican customers are demanding as hell. They want assigned seats, business first, meals and all the other accouterments that can be somewhat lacking on LCC's.

Kick everyone's ass? You've got a great airline, but if you think you're somehow better than the rest of the industry, you need your head examined. You're just another stupid airplane driver - put the koolaid down.

The growth prospects were huge. While you were ignoring it, several network carriers were exploring and exploiting every niche.

Aviacsa didn't do too well with the low-cost bit. The reason? Most Mexican customers are demanding as hell. They want assigned seats, business first, meals and all the other accouterments that can be somewhat lacking on LCC's.

Kick everyone's ass? You've got a great airline, but if you think you're somehow better than the rest of the industry, you need your head examined. You're just another stupid airplane driver - put the koolaid down.

Thats what they said about the USA and Europe, evryone also said our fuel hedges are done, were going to lose money etc. etc. If ryanair and easy jet can be succesfull in Europe I don't think we have anything to be concerned with about Mexico. Haven't you heard we are going to conquer the world! ( relax I'm just kidding)

Thats what they said about the USA and Europe, evryone also said our fuel hedges are done, were going to lose money etc. etc. If ryanair and easy jet can be succesfull in Europe I don't think we have anything to be concerned with about Mexico. Haven't you heard we are going to conquer the world! ( relax I'm just kidding)

I was only taking umbrage with the roughneck's conceit, arrogance and bravado.

The Mexican market doesn't fit too well into WN's classic business model of under-served destinations with a secondary airport. Mexico is also different in that a certain percentage of the local market can afford to fly. Period. Going into a destination with a slightly lower price will not attract an additional market like it does in the US.

The leisure travel market is pretty much at capacity. (Cancun, Cozumel, Los Cabos, Mazatlan and Acapulco.)

My comments concerning the Mexican traveller are based on ten years experience flying them. The ones that can travel are wealthy and want to be treated as such.

You guys might try though. The tell-tale thing I'd look for is the building of a customs facility at Hobby. When the city makes an announcement, then I'd break out the Pinatas'.

Last edited:
Surely we could fire up the flights to Intercontinental?

See, now that's a good rumor!

No offense, but I hope y'all stay out of Mexico. We do quite well there at CAL.

Last edited:
Surely we could fire up the flights to Intercontinental?

You'll have to do it under our radar. If they get a whiff of your plans, we'll lease every available gate that the City of Houston will let us, just to keep you out.

We did the same thing at Newark with B6. It was very expensive short-term, but much cheaper in the long run.

"See the children by the stream, drop some napalm hear them scream...napalm sticks to kids."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back