Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to add up to 50 new destinations over the next few years as it continues to grow.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General is jealous. SW pilots fly for :45-5:00 and can use your cell phones, use your own money, can read the menus, speak the language (for the most part) sleep study for INTL horrible for your body, hotel room is ready when you arrive most of the time (never intl are they ready for the whole crew), and how expensive is it intl? and wait for it wait for it= makes more money than Delta pilots.

Hell I would do steep turns in a cessna and be home everynight if it paid SW rates.

If you've never done International, you have no place here to knock it.....

Did Intl and stayed at the same hotels with the
Delta crews. Brighton. Paris. Madrid. They were
Waiting for hotel rooms too. Customs/immg it's not
All that. The worst. Your body fatigue. Enjoy
My 2 cents. I'll rather be top pay and stay home.

I count no new cities just shifting capacity:( Sorry my optimism is gone.

What killed your optimism tex?
Thought you were a culture man?

I am optimistic. Gary has been playing chess while most of us are trying to figure out how to King a checkers piece...
It's just a different thought process- look at things systemically and it's what SWA has been planning for years
They've been as honest as they can be- it's up to us to connect the dots

Did Intl and stayed at the same hotels with the
Delta crews. Brighton. Paris. Madrid. They were
Waiting for hotel rooms too. Customs/immg it's not
All that. The worst. Your body fatigue. Enjoy
My 2 cents. I'll rather be top pay and stay home.

You were probably doing it for a non-sched which doesn't pay like Delta or have nearly the same work rules. I do enjoy them...you have fun doing what you do and thanks for the unsolicited opinion.

You were probably doing it for a non-sched which doesn't pay like Delta or have nearly the same work rules. I do enjoy them...you have fun doing what you do and thanks for the unsolicited opinion.

And you never have any unsolicited opinions? Hint: you are trending toward a certain orange Dodge Charger with the doors welded shut.

And you never have any unsolicited opinions? Hint: you are trending toward a certain orange Dodge Charger with the doors welded shut.

I think the General should bring that avatar back. It'll be very retro, like the old days of FI . . . . or it's predecessor, the Flight Instructor's Message Board. That place was a riot.

If @ssholes could fly, that board would have been an airport itself. :laugh:

No, AT cities are currently counted as SWA cities, look at the napkin.

The AIrTran cities are on the napkins but read the May LUVLINES. In that issue Gary is saying that in August SWA will be adding Cancun and Los Cabos to the SWA route map. I take that as Gary doesn't count the current AirTran cities as SWA cities.

The AIrTran cities are on the napkins but read the May LUVLINES. In that issue Gary is saying that in August SWA will be adding Cancun and Los Cabos to the SWA route map. I take that as Gary doesn't count the current AirTran cities as SWA cities.

Well, the only AirTran cities left to be "added" to Southwest are the international ones. That starts July 1st. How many is that? Seven or eight? All the domestic ones are already Southwest (MEM, RIC, and PNS were the last, I think, added last November). So that still leaves at least 42 or 43 if we're "adding 50 cities" in the next three years.

I guess we'll see.

Bubba

And there you have it, he double speaks out all four corners of his mouth, cites HIS AT have been going to are now NEW never before seen growth cities for SWA. YGBFSM.

Look, 50 cities worth of growth is nothing more than a ploy to get folks to hope for growth. Hope because that's all that man can sell his employees these days. Don't get me wrong, I hope for it every day, but this number is completely unsupported by reality, unless you want to count all AT destinations as growth.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back