• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA timeframe from call to class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some additional info for everyone, I interviewed on the 5th of March, 10 May decision board. I had the type prior to the interview. My PRIA records arrived at SWA late last week (last item to complete the process). I was called this evening and offered a June 13th class (of course I accepted). Anybody else in the June 13th class please PM me.

Besides bold_tiger9 has anyone witha type from the 10 April DB gotten a class date yet?

Thanks,

Tonka

Wow, that's quicker than I thought it was going right now.

Anyone know if they are still planning on going full bore on the training through the summer?

Wow, that's quicker than I thought it was going right now.

Anyone know if they are still planning on going full bore on the training through the summer?

I don't think that is the norm. I am looking at about 4 months type-to-class, and it is about the same for several other dudes I am in contact with. I have not figured out the method of class selection. I think it is a moving target and probably a little different for everybody.

As far as I know, they are doing two classes a month thru summer, and will then pick it back up to 3 this fall. Some guys already inside SWA can probably give you a better idea about the specifics though.

Enjoy the swim! :D

I was told by the people dept that your pool date is based on your type date regardless of DB date. For instance if you interviewed on April 10 and already had the type and get thru the DB in May, your pool date is April 10th. Likewise if you interviewed on 4/10 and thru the DB in May, then get your type May 24, then your pool date is May 24. That also means that anyone who interviewed between your interview date and the time you got typed, has a pool date ahead of you. So Joe Blo who had the type, interviewd on May 15th with a DB of June 8, will be ahead of you...and they don't even know they got hired yet!

I guess that's the advantage of already having the type.

I got my type @ HPA in Dallas on 1/9/2007. Interviewed @ SWA on 3/5/2007. DB on 4/10/2007. Received the call from OAK CP office on 4/16/2007. Assigned a class on 5/18/2007. Class date is 6/13/2007.

It was my understanding that your pool date is your interview date if you have a type prior to interviewing or the date of your type if you interview without a type. When I was called by the PD after beening notified of being hired, they told me to expect a July/August class date.

What an absolute pleasure it has been working with the PD. Regardless of how busy they are, I have felt as if I was the only one that they were helping. "Welcome to the Southwest Family" has been in every conversation I have had with them. They are not just hollow words, it is apparent by their actions that they mean it.

Looking forward to 6/13.

I'm not sure if the follow the type date to the letter. There were 6 of us that got our types through HPA over two days. We all got classes spread out over about a month. One guy from my HPA class was in the SWA class ahead of me, yet the guy that sat next to me during my SWA class got his type over a week before we did at HPA. We had two others in my SWA class that got their type almost a month after we did at HPA, though we still had four more from my HPA class that hadn't started yet.

I got my type @ HPA in Dallas on 1/9/2007. Interviewed @ SWA on 3/5/2007. DB on 4/10/2007. Received the call from OAK CP office on 4/16/2007. Assigned a class on 5/18/2007. Class date is 6/13/2007.

It was my understanding that your pool date is your interview date if you have a type prior to interviewing or the date of your type if you interview without a type. When I was called by the PD after beening notified of being hired, they told me to expect a July/August class date.

What an absolute pleasure it has been working with the PD. Regardless of how busy they are, I have felt as if I was the only one that they were helping. "Welcome to the Southwest Family" has been in every conversation I have had with them. They are not just hollow words, it is apparent by their actions that they mean it.

Looking forward to 6/13.

Skyflier,

Did PD mention if the 6/13 and 6/27 classes are full or are they still building them?

I'm not available until 6/12 (terminal start date) so the 13th would be a tight turn but the 27th would be muy bueno.

I'm reluctant to call and bug them, as you stated earlier they have been great.

Thanks,

Tonka

Tonka,

They never mentioned how full either class is right now. If you can make the tight turn, do it. Senority is everything. If you need to talk with them, give them a call or an email. I called them one time to ask if my PRIA records were back yet so I could follow up with my current company. My current company is less than cooperative about releasing records.

skyflier

Latest resources

Back