SWA timeframe from call to class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Matrix

Any recent knowledge on the timeframe from when we get our type rating to when we will get a class date? I heard they slow down over the summer!!???

I got the call in Feb, typed in Mar and still waiting...last i heard is maybe the end of june

I am in the exact same boat as this. I have been told June 13, but that date is subject to change until the "official" word comes. Ryan's dad, when in March did you get the type?

I am under the impression from all I have talked to, June class dates have not been filled yet. When I hear something, I will let you guys know. Please do the same for me.

:beer:

CB

I am in the exact same boat as this. I have been told June 13, but that date is subject to change until the "official" word comes. Ryan's dad, when in March did you get the type?

I am under the impression from all I have talked to, June class dates have not been filled yet. When I hear something, I will let you guys know. Please do the same for me.

I was typed on the 17th...you sound like the same guy i have been talking to via e-mail....there is another guy that was typed on the same day as me who is still waiting for the call as well....maybe get the call in a couple of weeks..fingers are crossed

It has been running roughly 2 months from type to class (at least it seemed that way during the Feb/Mar). Class dates aren't assigned based on the date of your type. My type class had six "pre-hires" and we were spread out over about 4 classes. There were other pre-hires in my class that received their types almost a month after I got mine; even though some guys that got the type the same day as me were still waiting for a class date. It seems they try to get a good mix to a class in everything from age to background. I was told the date of your type is your "pool" date, though you may not pulled in order you entered.

Does anybody know when they pull your pria stuff if you dont have a type? is it after you get the type or before?

Some additional info for everyone, I interviewed on the 5th of March, 10 May decision board. I had the type prior to the interview. My PRIA records arrived at SWA late last week (last item to complete the process). I was called this evening and offered a June 13th class (of course I accepted). Anybody else in the June 13th class please PM me.

Some additional info for everyone, I interviewed on the 5th of March, 10 May decision board. I had the type prior to the interview. My PRIA records arrived at SWA late last week (last item to complete the process). I was called this evening and offered a June 13th class (of course I accepted). Anybody else in the June 13th class please PM me.

5 March interview and May DB? Did you mean April DB?

Latest resources

Back