Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't it close the 23rd?

Didn't it close the 23rd?

The window to apply on the SWA website closed the 23rd, but the deadline to fill out the profile at pilotcredentials is not til the 27th.

Sennant, just to confirm, you applied at the swajobs site and got the e-mail directing you to the pilotcredentials site?

Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities as well as all of the effort you put forth in pursuit of a position with Southwest Airlines. Southwest is fortunate to receive resumes from many interested and qualified candidates for the typically limited number of positions that we have available. After careful consideration of all information you provided, you were not selected at this time. You are welcome to apply for other open positions within the Company by visiting the Careers page on Southwest.com.
We wish you success in your future endeavors. We hope your job search will soon yield a rich and rewarding employment opportunity and we thank you again for your interest in Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines People & Leadership Development

Did you meet all of the basic hiring requirements?

From his profile his lists commercial but no ATP. Maybe that could be the deal. SWA Mins:
USA DOT/FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP).

My profile is so old. Been CRJ CA for 5 years. Do not have a 73 type. 7500 hours total. I did round 1. Never got invited to round 2. I'm just making sure others are getting this email, or if I hit an extra special "screw you" catagory.

My profile is so old. Been CRJ CA for 5 years. Do not have a 73 type. 7500 hours total. I did round 1. Never got invited to round 2. I'm just making sure others are getting this email, or if I hit an extra special "screw you" catagory.

If you met all the mins, then you should have gotten the e-mail to continue. Very strange.

If you met all the mins, then you should have gotten the e-mail to continue. Very strange.

I agree. Even stranger, sennant is the first that visits this board to get this message and post about it. I'm surprised we haven't heard this any sooner from others who didn't get the link. Maybe SWA was afraid if they sent the "Thanks but no thanks" before the window closed they would get a bunch of guys who'd try to reapply.?.

Regardless, sorry sennant. I think it took stones to come here and share this information with a bunch of strangers. It's very big of you, so thanks. Keep in mind that you aren't the only one. Thousands of people are trying to get 100 jobs, so thousands are going to get the same email in a few days. You are not alone! (Yeah, I know, depressing...)

I knew I didn't have the type and 100 out of 6000 I didn't expect a job. But yea, so far no one else seems to admit to the letter which makes me wonder if there was something up with my resume or something.

Sennant- please double check your app- that sounds like a form letter for someone who applied for a CSA- entry level job- it won't hurt to have a Swa friend check and make sure it didn't get to a wrong app folder-
(and yes- Swa gets thousands of apps for most every job)

Latest resources

Back