• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA tactics on the ramp and taxiways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sy-bill, could you pic a different avatar. It's a little confusing since I thought I was reading Ty's posts.
I did'nt read the past 6 pages, but it's impressive Ty can still generate this much 'enthusiasm'. I'm starting to get interested in this board again.
Congrats on the upgrade.

crashpad said:
Sy-bill, could you pic a different avatar. It's a little confusing since I thought I was reading Ty's posts.
I did'nt read the past 6 pages, but it's impressive Ty can still generate this much 'enthusiasm'. I'm starting to get interested in this board again.
Congrats on the upgrade.

Ok. No problem. And read the last six pages and you'll see that maybe it wasn't a good thing about Ty baby's upgrade. Whooosh. right to his head.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a Frank Zappa avatar, but that's nice.
Actually, I can't tell the difference in Ty pre or post upgrade. Then again, the characters on this board are like All Star Westlers: you're either a big fan, or throw beer cups.

Last edited:
crashpad said:
I was thinking of a Frank Zappa avatar, but that's nice.
Actually, I can't tell the difference in Ty pre or post upgrade. Then again, the characters on this board are like All Star Westlers: you're either a big fan, or throw beer cups.

I like your take on the characters on this board. Right now I'm throwing beer cups.....at Ty baby. ;)

Took your suggestion on the avatar. Mr. Moderator took my other one away.

WillowRunVortex said:
Its been my experience that the best way to end up late is to show up early,,,and have to give em the "well folks it looks like we took em by surprise" riga-ma-roll,,,and sit on the holding pad or at a different gate with the door shut.

Not a Problem at SWA.

AFcitrus said:
3 Months ago in BWI we were told by ground control that our sequence was the A320 (I think a Cactus, but I can't remember) and to follow them to 15R. As we approached a merge in two taxiways we saw two SW jets waiting for the A320 and us to go by. As the 320 passed in front of them the first 737 "gunned" the power and cut us off. We slammed the breaks on, throwing our FA's against some seats as they did their demos. As we started to taxi again, the second SW jet did the same thing. We questioned ground (who had given everyone their sequence) and after a LONG pause, the controller came back and said "Oh, I guess they changed the sequence". "They" must have been that other controlling agency who gives contradictary clearances from the actual ATC controllers. This was a dangerous maneuver which could have resulted in injuries to our flight attendants and/or a collision. Yes, this kind of thing does happen.

Now, I don't think this is something SW tells their pilots to do to gain a couple minutes in the departure line. Rather, I think a couple of "cowboy" captains decided on their own that they were tired of waiting for some sequence they didn't understand. (I wish I knew why ATC does everything they do). Every airline has its "cowboy" captains. So to say this doesn't happen is ignorant. I just don't think it is a conspiracy by an airline. 99% of the pilots flying are phenomenal. Unfortunately, the 1% sometimes ruin it for the rest.

Cheers.

Contact professional standards with the details (dates and tailnumbers or callsigns). My guess is that there is an honest explanation, but if not there are 4 pilots with some 'splanin to do. PM me for contact info. Same offer to you Ty.

BTW got cut off by AA, US Air and Delta in Vegas last night ... ground was suffering from rectal hypoxia, but good SA by the crews kept all of the tin separated and we still under flew our block time:cool:

crashpad said:
Congrats on the upgrade.

Thanks . . . unfortunately, it seems to have unleashed an outburst of jealousy and panic in Sy-bill, who apparently doesn't have an original thought in his head (he's now using my former avatar, Frank Zappa).

I usually only get stalked by flight attendants . . . . . most of them female.:cool:

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Thanks . . . unfortunately, it seems to have unleashed an outburst of jealousy and panic in Sy-bill, who apparently doesn't have an original thought in his head (he's now using my former avatar, Frank Zappa).

I usually only get stalked by flight attendants . . . . . most of them female.:cool:

I think you have mistaken with being stalked with being mocked.

And although your narsasistic mind can't recognize it, being mocked is not a good thing.

I found his method very witty and appropriate. He sure is stirring your pot isn't he.

Sorry crashpad. Ty baby couldn't let it go again without being an a$$.

Back to mocking.

If you read the material its very easy to tell the difference between Ty baby and everyone else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back