• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems there exists a tremendous amount of entitlement in the ranks of the junior SWA pilot group.

The growth that SWA has enjoyed can not be sustained and it seems this contract highlights this fact.

Wanting more in this economy when you already have the best seems very foolish.

In the 90's people went to work for SWA for the company. Today it seems many have gone for the promise that the $$$ and growth will never end.

When the seniors retire over the next 12 years Gary is going to have a very rebellious group on his hands. It appears we are already seeing signs of things to come.

It seems there exists a tremendous amount of entitlement in the ranks of the junior SWA pilot group.

The growth that SWA has enjoyed can not be sustained and it seems this contract highlights this fact.

In the 90's people went to work for SWA for the company. Today it seems many have gone for the promise that the $$$ and growth will never end.

When the seniors retire over the next 12 years Gary is going to have a very rebellious group on his hands. It appears we are already seeing signs of things to come.

Yet another example of the "damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't" FI peanut gallery. It's mindsets like yours that continue to erode this profession by doing managements job for them. Remember, you only ever get what you negotiate. From your post it's apparent you know almost as much about SWA as I do about UPS...which is that they fly brown and white airplanes full of boxes. Beyond that I don't have a clue....and as a result I don't comment much around here on the goings-on at Brown. May I suggest you do the same?

That might have something to do with the fact that this contract is weighted towards 4 digit guys, AGAIN.

Not all 4 digit guys wrote this TA but it was written for all of them.

No penalty on vacation poaching or base hopping, this despite zero growth. No right of return for displaced pilots. Bidding for open time has change to give any captain base wide priority over an in base lance, even an in base lance that is senior to the captain. (think senior DAL Lance getting outbid on DAL open time by a junior BWI captain, or a regular MDW lance losing open time to Texas Captains that are based in HOU or DAL)

Seniority is important, but it is a VERY strange time to be sticking seniority in where it didn't used to be since we are at zero growth for a while. As in, we just got age 60 changed and want to REALLY enjoy our seniority while we have it, let's change the rules to give us EVEN MORE bidding power. yea, that's the ticket.

This is why some junior guys seem pissed. It isn't so much the zero growth or slow upgrades, it is the TA shoving more crap down our throats. imo.

Divide and conquer seems to be at play here. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are facing similiar crap as we are at AS, though not nearly as bad IMO. Good luck to ya'll and I hope that we can grow a pair before we all fall on our own swords.

Shamwow practically sells itself.

This TA...not so much.

Funny how "this economy" seems to only apply to the pilot TA. The FA's, Mechanics, ramp all got contract improvements and raises in their TA's.

Now let me think....what do they all have in common? .....<Jeopardy song here>....Ahhh yes, now I remember...

...they have all turned down a TA in their past !!! ( in the case of the mechanics...actually gone on strike).

Just voted no..........

I was hoping I could vote yes but I cant go for all of the codeshare.....plus no RJs over 86 seats???????? 95% of RJs have 86 seats or less!

Sad day.....but it will lead to better.

Read it again dude. Rjs under 86 are not allowed domestically.

Read it again dude. Rjs under 86 are not allowed domestically.

Read it again dude. Rjs under 86 are not allowed domestically unless they buy a carrier that already has them. Ask your union rep which carrier that clause applies to and your answer will be they can't say due to confidentiality agreements. They have a carrier in mind.

Outsider looking in, but with a lot of friends who have careers in the this fight...

You need to make sure the job you "protect" is worth coming back to if (God forbid) you ever did have a furlough. Code shares, a future with RJs, and less flexibility for trip trading seems to me to be a very concessionary deal. If I were junior I'd vote no.

FWIW...there were also some low employee numbers on some of the anti-TA websites, including captains and guys who've been around a while. One was Mozam who helped a lot of guys get hired. I can only surmise that while they have "got theirs" already they are concerned about the change in direction of the culture and the potential rift in the group that will come if this TA moves forward. They love their company, but they don't like this TA.

Now...for those of you who say "mind your own business" I'll agree it ain't my gig. But we are prepping for our battles in 2010, and when we finally hammer out a TA you can roll in and throw darts are ours too... Fact is SWAPA, ALPA, APA, IPA, or non-union...what happens at one carrier does have a ripple effect on other company's contracts in the future. Hope we can all make some gains in these tough times and not let fear mongering devalue the career until its not worth having.

Good luck to all...

This joint will never be the same if the TA passes.

We'll be a domestic United in 2 years - and that aint a compliment.

Gup

Latest resources

Back