• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some Q400's have 78 seats (Horizon). I wonder if this could be mgt.'s loophole?

Based on what is in the TA I don't think there is a loophole for Q400s as it doesn't allow any domestic codeshare within the US. Here is what the TA says about codeshare.

"2. Domestic Codeshare
Southwest Airlines will not enter into a domestic Codeshare Agreement within the fifty (50)
United States without the agreement of the Association.
3. Codeshare for Regional Aircraft Flying
Southwest Airlines will not enter into any domestic or trans-border code share agreement
with a regional carrier or involving a regional aircraft except to provide inter-island service
within the Hawaiian Islands or inter-island service within the Caribbean Islands."

The letter/website info on the retro check amount. I am pretty sure that if that had been out with TA1, it would have passed 55-45 to 60/40ish. No big debate other than human tendency to not turn down $ when it is placed in front of you.

Passing by as large of a magin as it did, it is likely that any of the changes would have swung 48 or so that it would have required to pass.

Passing by as large of a magin as it did, it is likely that any of the changes would have swung 48 or so that it would have required to pass.
I'm not so sure. much changed between May and October. The F9 deal really brought home the importance of section one improvements. The company's regressive bargaining pointed to mediation and 12-18 more months if TA2 had failed. I doubt that the retro amount would have mattered in May and might have made the No vote higher. more "selling" would have been alleged. It is all wind under the wings now. TA2 is the new CBA. time to enforce it and get to some of the stuff that we've been holding off on due to section 6.

Had a dispatcher on the jumpseat yesterday out of Midway. He said they feel defeated about the jumpseat amendment in our TA2. He said they are all going to start doing their full 5 hours of jumpseat time a year as company must rides without reducing time with takeoffs and landings.

Why didn't the CMR MEC approach DALPA with a signed agreement for a staple? Why did they think ALPA merger policy should rule?

Why shouldn't ALPA merger policy apply between two ALPA carriers?

I think you guys nailed it on the reasons TA2 passed. We did really well on everything but pay and no one expected to get anything more with our current leadership. I personally think they were right. I voted no so it would not pass by 87+% and weaken our future sec 6. Section 1 is solid, 401K is good, formalizing ELITT is big and the seniority grab that took place on TA1 was fixed. The lances were sort of grandfathered, but that situation is moot with continued contraction. I feel bad for the lances, but we as a group can only do so much when the airline is contracting. With everything we nailed down this time, I think the next round will be all about the pay as there is not much left to fix elsewhere. Even if the economy gets worse, I dont think there is much of a chance of us giving ANY concessions given the shoulder/torso cuts and the paltry pay raises.

Joe,

You know exactly why.(for some reason you need to argue this to justify your choice, or maybe not your choice to stay) One is, barring a ch7 a final stop in ones career, and the other is (for most) a stepping stone. The difference in pay, retirement, work rules, quality of life etc is far better at a mainline.(even after getting gangraped in bankruptcy court) You notice that nw/dl used alpa merger policy. We brought equal jobs. Do you think the cmr pilots would be better now had they taken(if offered) a staple? Some of those senior capts would be ER fo's, maybe even MD capts. and placed well above(due to relative sen) NW pilots hired before them. Instead they are at a subcontractor of small lift being jerked around and whippsawed(cvg,jfk,cvg, merger with ??)downgraded etc. So, do you think the rjdc minority made the right decision for the majority?

Why shouldn't ALPA merger policy apply between two ALPA carriers?

The reason why it passed the second time was the got rid of the NC from the first pass through, and the arrogant attitude that they knew best. The second deal was less however the pilots had a greater imprint on the direction.

Had a dispatcher on the jumpseat yesterday out of Midway. He said they feel defeated about the jumpseat amendment in our TA2. He said they are all going to start doing their full 5 hours of jumpseat time a year as company must rides without reducing time with takeoffs and landings.

huh? not following you. the only thing I heard about jumpseat was that CM tried to sneak something in at some point making pilots not first priority (management guys besides the big 5 or so could bump us). union said forget it. did something else change?

huh? not following you. the only thing I heard about jumpseat was that CM tried to sneak something in at some point making pilots not first priority (management guys besides the big 5 or so could bump us). union said forget it. did something else change?

Yeah man. I was just reading it. We can bump Dispatchers and Mechanics now for the jumpseat. It doesn't matter anymore if they show up first.

Latest resources

Back