• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA TA Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me offer a minor correction that had major consequences. The RJ carriers didn't take anything. It was foolishly given to them by mainline pilots. The fault of all this outsourcing lies squarely on the shoulders of mainline pilots, specifically DAL. Comair was the U.S. launch customer for the CRJ and the DAL MEC allowed it.

Couldn't agree more, as a former RJ pilot, The best thing that DAL should have done was to staple the comair guys, one pilot group, and dictate the RJ pay rate, along with quantity restrictions. Comair should have been integrated into Delta at the purchase of them, ie ( staple with fence )
instead ALPA and all their might And Stupidity let the cat out of the bag, and developed a Substandard Pay rate Pilot to effectively take over mainline flying. Then instead of a unification of a pilot union, where each pilot is just as important as the next, they endorse substandard RJ contracts instead, only to be outdone by each RJ carrier in a cut throat whipsaw. They simply just didn't take a enough intrest in preserving the pilot profession, only in the intrest of where the most dues came from ( mainline Pilot ). We as pilots should at least have a standard pay system for all Aircraft flown. This profession has gone down the tubes, and there are many pilots out there that care only about their paycheck and not as a long term investment. We need to stop this Bull &*^%.

>>whatever<<

Tripower,

So as a candidate for union office, are you running as a rep who will represent the will of you constituency or as a guy who needs to protect your constituency from their own ignorance?

Why didn't the CMR MEC approach DALPA with a signed agreement for a staple? Why did they think ALPA merger policy should rule? I know, I know! It is because a few bitter lifers felt they were in a posistion of power and ruined it for the majority. My guess is over 90% of CMR pilots would have accepted a staple, but a few loud mouths felt they had some leverage.

Couldn't agree more, as a former RJ pilot, The best thing that DAL should have done was to staple the comair guys, one pilot group, and dictate the RJ pay rate, along with quantity restrictions. Comair should have been integrated into Delta at the purchase of them, ie ( staple with fence )
instead ALPA and all their might And Stupidity let the cat out of the bag, and developed a Substandard Pay rate Pilot to effectively take over mainline flying. Then instead of a unification of a pilot union, where each pilot is just as important as the next, they endorse substandard RJ contracts instead, only to be outdone by each RJ carrier in a cut throat whipsaw. They simply just didn't take a enough intrest in preserving the pilot profession, only in the intrest of where the most dues came from ( mainline Pilot ). We as pilots should at least have a standard pay system for all Aircraft flown. This profession has gone down the tubes, and there are many pilots out there that care only about their paycheck and not as a long term investment. We need to stop this Bull &*^%.

>>whatever<<

Tripower,

So as a candidate for union office, are you running as a rep who will represent the will of you constituency or as a guy who needs to protect your constituency from their own ignorance?

Both.

It's the union's job to represent it's pilots, and to protect the members from ignorance by educating them on the important issues.

I have an honest question for my WN brethren. Why do you think this one passed? What is different besides it being worth $43 million less than the TA we rejected? So if you had to put your finger on it, why did this one pass or what was done differently that made the group go from 49% to 87%?

I have an honest question for my WN brethren. Why do you think this one passed? What is different besides it being worth $43 million less than the TA we rejected? So if you had to put your finger on it, why did this one pass or what was done differently that made the group go from 49% to 87%?

I believe it is because many of us TA1 no-voters, after seeing how our SWAPA execs and BoD interpreted the 1st vote, have sadly concluded we are at the point of diminishing returns. We simply cannot do any better with the current make-up of our union leadership, combined with the worst negotiating environment (economically speaking) most of us have seen in our careers. Unfortunate, but at some point you've got to acknowledge reality.:bawling:

1 - better codeshare/scope language in section one
2 - lances/positions grandfathered. we'll have 222 on 1 jan 10 instead of 110
3 - able to kill new open time system if needed, albeit after 2 years
4 - negotiating fatigue
5 - TA2 is a known quantity, time/money to get to a TA3 was a big unknown

Why didn't the CMR MEC approach DALPA with a signed agreement for a staple? Why did they think ALPA merger policy should rule? I know, I know! It is because a few bitter lifers felt they were in a posistion of power and ruined it for the majority. My guess is over 90% of CMR pilots would have accepted a staple, but a few loud mouths felt they had some leverage.

All true, but also way after the horse was out of the barn. The PID request was 10+ years after the first CRJ was on property. Both sides handled it poorly. The CMR knuckleheads who actually thought DOH was reasonable and the DAL knuckleheads who actually thought most CMR pilots wanted DOH.

I will say that even though DAL mainline should've kept RJs at mainline, we are all commenting on this with the advantage of hindsight. I can only assume that if the DAL pilots had had any idea of the ramifications of outsourcing the RJs they would never have even considered it.

Latest resources

Back