Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What joke?

You're joking, right?
Job sercurity = airline industry, is that joke?
ALL pilots banning RJ's from AE, is that joke?
That growth at AE took off when AAL allowed RJ's at AE, is that joke?
What joke are you reffering to?

Should be interesting to see if a year from now you're saying " well guys I guess we should except this last company offer of 1% raises and unlimited domestic codeshare".

Next year????? Probably, next week. I'm sure SWA is going to punish us for negotiating. Really????? I mean, come on......Are you really that.......nevermind.

Should be interesting to see if a year from now you're saying " well guys I guess we should except this last company offer of 1% raises and unlimited domestic codeshare".

Perhaps....OTOH how much of a chump will you feel like if two months from now we get a better offer from the company? We all placed our bets, now we'll see what's behind door #2.

Sheared shaft........

As i said earlier....Ill never blame you for voting yes. We all have to vote on our own and at least you voted so I applaud you for that. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Ask any united pilot from their 2000 contract. You have to protect yourself!!!!

The one thing that scared me about the TA was in the language that talks about no domestic codeshare. It says in the ta there will be no domestic codeshare with rj's with the purchase of any OTHER airline. In the q&A someone asked about that. The union said that the company was looking at purchasing another airline and these restrictions would not apply because they already codeshare with another rj carrier. That is very very bad!!!! I know we are in a bad position but sl32 has more protection than the ta.....period. We have to grow by 5% or we cant codeshare. It is in writing and even in arbitration it will be hard to overturn that.

As for elitt.....I bid my days off and then I trade trips around. I got rid of my 19.5 3day for a 24 trip 3 day and it wasnt even on the 25th. IT is a lot harder to get trips but that is because of a reduction in flying and not because of the dtc. I dont think ive ever seen anything but net zero in most bases. Sure it sucks but I can hold 3 days and thats what i want and I can pick up awesome trips from mot dot or from lances....works like a champ! Got a 148 trips still with 15 days off.

Like I said you voted for what you think is right. At least you voted and ill never blame you. BUt there is more to life than money. I make great money now but I want my airline to keep flying me and my planes not someone else flying for us so I can keep making my great money and having fun!

"funny and sad" whether that is the case it is the truth, and to think anything else would be false

"mil/civil" what does that explain exactly, that i'm a senior FO at OUR company?

What is the new reality exactly? Has SWA management screwed you at some point. Have they ever (in the past) took advantage of you? I was on reserve for quite a long time, i can count on one hand the number of times i was really screwed on a reserve deal. This company has given me 3 times as many good deals as bad ones. Yup, i clear my board and pick up all the time, i was ok with scheduling "tweaks"

"You will learn...eventually" buddy, we both will learn - unless you know exactly what is going to happen in the future - please enlighten us oh great whine one

Hey, just a question how long where you on reserve? Has anybody been on reserve more than a year or two at SWA.

Job sercurity = airline industry, is that joke?
ALL pilots banning RJ's from AE, is that joke?
That growth at AE took off when AAL allowed RJ's at AE, is that joke?
What joke are you reffering to?

The joke is you not having a clue what you're talking about.

You alleged earlier that the APA pilots "changed their minds" about scope. You obviously don't know the history at all. The APA pilots have always been very militant on scope issues. In 1997 they continued to push hard on scope, to the point of nearly striking with scope being one of the top issues. The President issued a PEB which ruled against the APA on scope, so they had to back down on that issue, but you can again see that the APA is pushing hard on scope this time with a demand for a single seniority list and 0-seat scope.

Your assertion that AMR growth "took off" when the APA had to cave on scope in '97 is also asinine. There was no "taking off" of growth at AMR. Not for mainline, anyway. Mainline has stagnated for many years at all of the legacies. Actually, it's regressed, as all legacy carriers have shrunk to an incredible degree. And why? Because guys like you want to outsource flying to regional carriers.

Worst thing to ever happen to this profession, and you're too thick to realize it.

So PLC you are telling me is not a joke about job security in the airline business? You even admitted that AE growth took off when they got RJ's, where did I say mainline. I will give you onedidn't fully uinderstand how AE got RJ's, but I know they AAL was suffering in growth against the RJ supported majors and managment was thinking of selling AE. So maybe you got me on 1/2 of three. Good being set straight by you again.

Perhaps....OTOH how much of a chump will you feel like if two months from now we get a better offer from the company? We all placed our bets, now we'll see what's behind door #2.

I will not feel like a chump, but I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong. btw, I hope you're right, but I still believe things are going to get bad.

The "junior" pay example was for the most junior guy on the property. Check the seniority list. Why would picking as "junior" someone who was less junior be a better answer than picking the most junior guy?

As posted on another thread, this TA failure cost me $1,200 per month, and it cost every SWA fo on this board a similar, or lesser amount, but even at the most junior levels, you guys just gave up $600/month or so.

Senior FOs got a 10% raise, junior FOs got a 6% raise (make that 11% and 7% with the 401(k) bump) and you guys gave it up. Gone like a freight train. Gone like yesterday.

For a lot of you, that pay raise would have equaled a smaller mortgage payment. Gone like yesterday.

Think to yourselves..."I'm writing a check for $800 each month. Every month, I'm writing a check back to the company for $800".

Gone like a soldier in the civil war.

Sounds like you spent your retro check a little early.

Latest resources

Back