Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey dudes..

Dont get your Nomex in a bunch..

We have a ton of single seat fighter guys with no 121 and just a 737 type..
The vast majority of the CPs and Asst CPs are ex military and the good majority of them are single seat fighter guys..

Almost all of the managment pilots are ex military..

Now really..Think about it..

Mike

Re: what about military

bozt45 said:
So if they drop the type rating and want 121 experience, I guess that means that LUV will no longer be accepting any military pilot applicants. Someone please tell me this is all just rumor and elaborate on who what where, etc this was heard.

It is just a rumor. I posted it, and I heard it independantly from the 10 or so captains from SWA, who I play golf with.

THANK YOU MIKE!

O.K. I'm actually starting to get excited. I've known this was coming, but to see it "official" puts a huge grin on my face and raises my blood pressure. (In a good way)

To the gentleman who posted he heard a rumor that the type rating requirement would soon be rescinded in favor of applicants with 121 experience, I doubt it. SWA has always hired for attitude. As a result, their flightdecks are filled with the most diverse aviators in the industry. This "melting pot" of backgrounds is a hallmark of their success, and one of the main reasons its so much fun to work there. (So I've been told) At any rate, aninteresting rumor. Anyone else catch wind of it?

Last edited:
The captain I just flew with heard from a training instructor in EPT last week in HOU that they were seriously considering getting rid of the type requirement. He went so far as to say it was a done deal.
Apparently as part of the new hiring process they took a look at Fed Ex's pool and determined they, Fed Ex, had a better stack of people to choose from.
I know this is third hand info at best so take it for what it's worth.

Re: Re: what about military

scopeCMRandASA said:
I heard it independantly from the 10 or so captains from SWA, who I play golf with.

Ya know how to tell if a Southwest Captain is lying?

"The captain I just flew with heard from a training instructor in EPT last week in HOU that they were seriously considering getting rid of the type requirement."

No type for new hires? Not if I can help it...I shall look into this.

RJ

All right RJones, keep the PFT in place! I say nuts to PFT!

Oh boy, here we go again. Wil, 737 type is no different than having to have an ATP for a employment. Part 135 and corporate operators require a type in a specific aircraft all the time.

I don't want this thread to go down the road of, PFT...is it or isn't it.

RJ

Latest resources

Back