• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The church is indeed the pillar and foundation of truth and the truth shall set one free, but that of course begs the question, "Which church?"
I post this only because it is the logical follow up question...I know the answer..."Upon this rock..."
Humuakalaka: have you ever read Radio Replies by Rumble and Carty?
I find it funny that the church expects truth from you, but all of them are telling a different story.

:puke:

find it funny that the church expects truth from you, but all of them are telling a different story

All of them? All of the different churches? Or all of the adherents to a particular church? I assume you mean all of the different churches and particularly the differences that drove them to divide into schisms?

The church is indeed the pillar and foundation of truth and the truth shall set one free, but that of course begs the question, "Which church?"
I post this only because it is the logical follow up question...I know the answer..."Upon this rock..."
Humuakalaka: have you ever read Radio Replies by Rumble and Carty?

Phaedrus, for the purposes of this discussion, it doesn't really matter which Christian church we are talking about. The doctrine of sola scriptura says that the Bible is the only authoritative source of God's Word. Simply establishing the idea that there is authority outside of the Bible is the only aim here. And yes, if you wanted to talk about which church, we might start with "upon this rock..." No, I haven't heard anything by Rumble and Carty. I'll look them up. Have you ever heard anything by John Martignioni or Patrick Madrid?

Folks, have you forgotten?

:D SWA sux! :D

Oh yeah, and Mega will be getting megananimous pretty soon! :laugh:

A person who is trying to sell you his viewpoint of religion without being asked is very unwilling to hear your side of the story

LOL! That's what he said when I suggested Tristan. (I'm assuming that's the name you were talking about). It went something along these lines.....
"I am NOT naming my kid after Brad Pitt! Besides, he'll get his a$$ kicked in school."

Wow, I remember thinking that was a really nice name. The kid I know has NOOOOOOOOOOOOO trouble getting beaten up or picking up the pretty girls, so there goes that theory. (Good boy, he's away this week choosing which Ivy league school he'd like to go to next year....I'll keep you informed)

I find it funny that the church expects truth from you, but all of them are telling a different story.

:puke:

Amen sista!

Too much hipocricy there which is one of the reasons I don't go and you will NOT find me getting married there either.

It's a SWA thread. There are a lot of churches in a mid-sized town in the Texas Panhandle that the General is jealous that he never gets to visit with his 777 or 767...some heavy metal aerospace vehicle that gives him a raging woody.

Latest resources

Back