SWA starts coast-to-coast flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seriously.

Man what is up with the thin skin falcon 1 and the rah rah for SWA over all others. There was no offense implied on any level from what I read. If you work there, cool. It is a great company. No one argues that point. Surely there are somethings you would like to change about the company. I mean those old 37's are a little old- the new ones do look sharp. From what my SWA friends told me, no meal plan has got to suck after a while. Me, I can't even look at another blue chip. And what about that pay for training- errrrrrr type rating required? And before I forget, how long is the pool to start training in Dallas? These cheap shots could continue. But why- its pretty lame.

As for comparing JB at 2+ years, to SWA 30 and counting, hardly a real comparrison. I do think that SWA 28 years ago, wasn't where jetblue is now- a napkin and three cities, compared to a national presence and growing rapidly. But that means nothing as to what the future will hold for either company now does it?

As for the transcon issue, I think JB has a slight advantage with the TV"s- it is the opiate of the masses and all, but SWA has more cities and planes. Its all relative.

Why turn an a funny comment into something personal. You have to get ugly and even play the religion card on a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** nice guy. I guess now is the time to start ripping that wild Turkey drinking drunk of a CEO you have. What say we organize an arm wrestling match? Since you started at SWA, how are your stock options doing? Does your car have SWA stickers all over does it? or a 'my other car is a 737 on it'?

I don't wish any ill will on SWA, as apparently you do to JB, why the hostility? You aren't hearing footsteps are you? For all the SWA'ers out there, and this is a pro SWA message board- it is all good. I would be working there if there was no pool, oh well.

Just don't grip the yoke so tight, and remember that a rising tide floats all boats, or some other positive economic saying. SWA isn't going anywhere, and hopefully JB won't either.

BTW- I have got to get a pic of me playing flight sim on my laptop while flying- now that would be funny.

If we think the SWA bunch is nasty now, just wait until next year around April with no classes in sight.

Four Observations

First: Lighten up Francis, er, I mean Falcon1

Second: Kwij...nicely put.

Third: I feel I have to redeem myself after an intended humorous response to a funny comment from dhampton, so here goes. Personally, I think that if the decision of which carrier to fly is based on the almighty dollar, people will choose the cheaper alternative most of the time. In this case, that opinion is bolstered by SWA's great reputation. Those same people seem to justify painful drives to far away airports with cost savings that in some cases are insignificant. On the other hand, after having some less-than-good experiences with UAL, AAL, or DAL in that area, people may feel compelled to try something new (read: Alaska). Either way, there is one metric a$$load of people that share the three airports. When considering distance, traffic, and convenience, most middle class folks, and there's lots of 'em in that area, choose the airport that's closest and easist, regardless of the airline. Unless there's any absolutely ridiculous disparity between fares/incentives, I think there's enough market share for both. On a separate note, I have never flown on Alaska. I have flown SWA a few times, mostly for pleasure. I will say that they have all been pleasant experiences. My only complaint, and the reason why I wouldn't choose SWA during my business travel (even if it meant adding a leg), is the constant waiting in lines and the cattle car free-for-all to get a seat. So for me, I'd give Alaska at least one shot if I had to get to Seattle (I live closer to National, and IAD and BWI are equally painful to get to). Then again, I could fly jetBlue to Long Beach and then hop up to Seattle!

Fourth: Based on all of the previous drivel about Airbus computer operators, wouldn't it be redundant for us to be using a flight simulator on our laptop?

Article

T1bubba,

Thanks for posting that article. I enjoyed reading it. Take care.

:cool:

Humor!

It sure is lame how humor is so hard right now (or maybe I am not funny);)

Based on all of the previous drivel about Airbus computer operators, wouldn't it be redundant for us to be using a flight simulator on our laptop?

Um yeah, that was the joke ... so I guess I'll keep my day job... opps I already quit the military so I could get into the SWA pool!

If we think the SWA bunch is nasty now, just wait until next year around April with no classes in sight.

Now I know humor is very personal, but "Mr Anderson" that is just plain mean! You be carefull or when I do get to fly Shamu I'll get her to make do do on your house.

PS every pilot's favorite airline should be the one that hires you.

Latest resources

Back