• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA starting JFK

BigMotorToter

Total Time
Just heard that the SWA logo's are up behind the ticket counters in the old Jetblue terminal T6. Any info?

GuppyWN

Total Time
I haven't heard anything but we usually announce a city MONTHS before we start occupying the space.

Gup

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Just heard that the SWA logo's are up behind the ticket counters in the old Jetblue terminal T6. Any info?

Now THAT......would be......FAN....TASTIC. Wow, if that is true, those long afternoon delays will really back up their 6 leg days down to BWI, ORF, JAX, PBI, and onto BNA and STL......FUN!

Bye Bye--General Lee

GuppyWN

Total Time
Getting paid to sit in a conga line is the easiest money I've ever made. $200 an hour to read the paper is my kind of living.

Gup

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
I am sure the SWA pilots would appreciate the long delays at JFK - they would help them rest from the previous 30-minute turns they flew that day...

767/757

Total Time
9,000+
Getting paid to sit in a conga line is the easiest money I've ever made. $200 an hour to read the paper is my kind of living.

Gup

Though that SWA as paid by the MILE not the MINUTE......did this change or was I incorrect.

GuppyWN

Total Time
Base pay is calculated on the MILE with additions for known delays etc. If we go over schedule we get 1/10 credit every 5 minutes over we go.

For example you could have the same leg pay differently depending on time of day. PHL/PVD for one. I've been paid over an hour extra on that leg.

Gup

shootr

Total Time
10+
More complicated than pay by the mile but mostly correct. 12 minutes overfly and then its another 10th of trip-for-pay every 5 minutes. Again, much more complicated than this.

767/757

Total Time
9,000+
Base pay is calculated on the MILE with additions for known delays etc. If we go over schedule we get 1/10 credit every 5 minutes over we go.

For example you could have the same leg pay differently depending on time of day. PHL/PVD for one. I've been paid over an hour extra on that leg.

Gup

Thanks - Cheers

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Now THAT......would be......FAN....TASTIC. Wow, if that is true, those long afternoon delays will really back up their 6 leg days down to BWI, ORF, JAX, PBI, and onto BNA and STL......FUN!

Bye Bye--General Lee
Aren't you worried about how it will affect your delays?

CTflyer

Total Time
17K+

Sounds like a good rumor to start, in fact I thought the same thing when I saw it the other day. Word from the higher ups is that they are cleaning it up a little to get ready for a movie shoot.

We shall see

Iflyforyou

Total Time
Actually, the Southwest signage is only in place at T6 for a movie shoot next week. The movie is supposed to be called "Going the Distance" starring Drew Barrymore. That's it, just Hollywood fluff...

Grandpa +65

Total Time
a lot
I Do not think SWA is going to JFK.
I see that Southwest Airlines is ending service from PHL-CMH & PHL-SAT on November 1. Is USAirways a tough competitor in PHL? Is Southwest finally retreating in PHL? They already quit PHL-OAK, PHL-BDL & PHL-LAX.
WN has already gotten a good taste of LGA and they having only one gate is giving them occasional headaches. I know someone who was on a WN flight that landed at LGA several hours late to be told we are number 3 for a gate which sucks with 1 gate, I think that flight only waited about 90 mins.

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
Actually, the Southwest signage is only in place at T6 for a movie shoot next week. The movie is supposed to be called "Going the Distance" starring Drew Barrymore. That's it, just Hollywood fluff...

Another Whodunit . . . . Solved, by FlightInfo.com.

FR8dognit

Good Ole'boys club member
Total Time
>1
I am sure the SWA pilots would appreciate the long delays at JFK - they would help them rest from the previous 30-minute turns they flew that day...

Our average turn time is 25 minutes on paper. We still have a few 15 minute turns in LBB, AMA, TUL, SAT and ABQ...and a few more small places. We have many more 20 min turns in lots of places. Most of the ones I have seen are 25 min. Although, seeing a lot more 30 lately.

They build so much time into the PHL, SFO, LGA legs I bet they'd do the same for JFK, if true. Not that that would help on a 3 hour ground stop.

Nothing like looking out the window on a ground stop and seeing the General's ugly mug looking at a canyon blue red belly money maker wishing he could fly to LBB. It would be priceless!

Last edited:

GBase24

Total Time
4000+
They are filming a movie there no southwest sorry to buzz kill, saw the filming crew there today, some drew Barrymore flick!!