SWA Slow Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the response.
Gonna go for the type. After that I will continue to work on the degree as money allows.

Here goes.........

I don't think so...

I'm gonna be the minority here. I'm going to have to strenuously agree with Goose 17 on this one. Why put all your eggs in one basket in today's market. Haven't you thought it possible that the one thing that kept you from getting on the first time was a lack of a degree. I know this may not be the case, but it might. I specifically know of a guy who interviewed at a major airline that had a very similar incident. He re-interviewed with a degree and got the job the second time around. Was it the degree? Only the board members know. The point is that this market is way too tight to limit yourself to a handful of airlines because of a lack of a degree. It makes you look unmotivated. That's not saying you are, but that's the way it could be taken.
SWA interviewed you before without a type, and they've hired several others that were type-less.
If it's a money issue and I had to choose, I'd get the degree every time before the type. If money is not an issue, then do both, IMHO.

I interviewed the first time with a type and no degree and didnt get it. I finished my degree four days before my second interview(Sept 10,01) and now im on the line. Take it for what its worth, had a guy that had neither and was hired in my class. Its all about you, but you do want to show improvement in your self from the last time you were there. Good Luck

Latest resources

Back