Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PAPA FOX!

Super Bowl bound 2008!!
How long at SWA does it typically take (at the most junior domicile) to be able to hold lines with weekends off. How about all major holidays?

Approx what seniority number will a FO hold when he/she reaches this point?

Always. We only work on Thursdays here at good ole SWA - every FREAKING Thursday.

Gup

p.s. I would suspect the answer to be about 3 years for weekends off with regularity. Probably 4 years for all holidays.

Guppy Dude, I was holding most weekends off in MDW (lived in base and was willing to fly weekday reserve) after my one year anniversary. Of course, I still fly a lot of weekends by choice if the money is good enough.
Hired in March 04, I worked the first Christmas and got the second one off. Holidays largely depend on what day of the week they fall on; if Christmas is on a Saturday the Junior guys are hosed. If it's on a Wednesday, they might have a shot at it because the senior guys can't get both weekdays AND weekends off as well.

In forth year in PHX, had most weekends off after I got off of reserve and could elitt (11 Months). Hoping for my first Christmas at home this year (last year I had a late PM start on the 25th - no too shabby.

Latest resources

Back