• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA sees fivefold jump in baggage fee revenue, thanks to AirTran--article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahahaha. I have the last laugh, you're at USAir! What a complete cluster. Bye loozer! And maybe someday when you finally get your retro pay or whatever, you too can afford a smartphone or a plan that allows you too have Internet anywhere in Europe. In the meantime, enjoy being the third guy flying with two 64 year old Easties. You guys can compare dentures and talk about how the NIC award was unfair.....bye now! You are a waste of time, and I'm sure you hear that a lot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your a dork and got called out! Suck it up! You need some humility in your life!;) LOL!

Your a dork and got called out! Suck it up! You need some humility in your life!;) LOL!

"Your" a dork? Ummmmm, no. I call it like I see it, which is almost always correct.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was going to ignore you but seeing that this is your bull$hit thread what the hell.

I know reading comprehension is not your strong suit but I said I just left Athens, not that I was in Athens.

Every time you post you look dumber and dumber.

Just STFU

Post of the year.

The funniest thing about this whole post is the General saying there's a five fold increase in bag fees because of Airtran. Since SW never has charged for bags....wouldn't that be like a 1000% increase?

The funniest thing about this whole post is the General saying there's a five fold increase in bag fees because of Airtran. Since SW never has charged for bags....wouldn't that be like a 1000% increase?

Huh? I just think it's great how you guys advertise no bag fees, but your subsidiary does it. That dumb "People's Court" TV commercial will come back to haunt you. Was ScoreboardII the fat Capt who said "We would NEVER do that....?" Riiiight.

And Red, the article stated SWA had a fivefold jump, I just pasted it. Was it really funny? Did you pee your pants? Did you giggle too? Sure you did. Here is the beginning if the article again for you. AGAIN....

"Southwest Airlines sees fivefold jump in revenue from baggage fees, thanks to AirTran
By SHERYL JEAN Staff Writer -- Dallas Morning News

Published: 14 May 2013

Southwest Airlines "Bags Fly Free"slogan and its overall fee strategy have become sticky issues as the carrier grows and melds with AirTran Airways.

Government statistics released Tuesday show Southwest?s revenue from baggage fees rose nearly fivefold to $144.5 million last year from 2011 ? the biggest jump among the nation?s 15 largest airlines."

Still giggling? I thought so.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Huh? I just think it's great how you guys advertise no bag fees, but your subsidiary does it. That dumb "People's Court" TV commercial will come back to haunt you. Was ScoreboardII the fat Capt who said "We would NEVER do that....?" Riiiight.

And Red, the article stated SWA had a fivefold jump, I just pasted it. Was it really funny? Did you pee your pants? Did you giggle too? Sure you did. Here is the beginning if the article again for you. AGAIN....

"Southwest Airlines sees fivefold jump in revenue from baggage fees, thanks to AirTran
By SHERYL JEAN Staff Writer -- Dallas Morning News

Published: 14 May 2013

Southwest Airlines "Bags Fly Free"slogan and its overall fee strategy have become sticky issues as the carrier grows and melds with AirTran Airways.

Government statistics released Tuesday show Southwest?s revenue from baggage fees rose nearly fivefold to $144.5 million last year from 2011 ? the biggest jump among the nation?s 15 largest airlines."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, you just posted it to stir the pot. We all know how you crow about ancillary revenue as if you're a financial expert or something, which you're not. Southwest doesn't charge for bags because it's part of our pricing model. GK believes he makes more money this way due to increased market share, and he IS a financial expert (He was CFO of the world's most successful airline prior to being CEO).

Southwest may own AirTran, but it is a separate airline and still runs much as it did before, as it winds down. They're still hub-and-spoke essentially, they fly different planes, they go different places, they have two seating classes. Why WOULDN'T you expect different pricing models?

Southwest's "five-fold increase in baggage revenue" is due to Southwest not charging for bags (except for overweight and third bags) and then recently adding a much small subsidiary that DOES charge for bags. The article's writer, just like YOU General, is conflating Southwest the airline with Southwest the overall holding company which runs two different airlines. The difference is that she probably doesn't know any better, while you do. You just do it for comic effect.

Next year, the report will be that "Southwest makes less money from bag fees," since AirTran will be smaller (more assimilated) and the following year it will be "Southwest hardly makes any money at all on bag fees (due to the subsidiary with a totally different pricing model being fully assimilated). I'm sure you'll pretend that's a negative-impact factor as well, just so you can continue your anti-SWA barrage.

As far as your fake concern about bag fees, as we acquire and assimilate a subsidiary whose pricing model is different than ours and includes bag fees, I'll say to you what people normally say to you in response to your drivel: "Well DUH, dumbass!"

Bubba

And Red, the article stated SWA had a fivefold jump, I just pasted it. Was it really funny? Did you pee your pants? Did you giggle too? Sure you did. Here is the beginning if the article again for you.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I love it when the Village Idiot speaks, and sounds pretty much like, well....and idiot.

I could careless what you think about our commercials or whether you think we should or shouldn't charge for bags. The CEO will let you know what he decides, or should he run it by you first. See how idiotic this is?

RF

Latest resources

Back