• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread has more tools than a Home Depot store. LOL

What a bunch of nerds you boys are. Probably all have small ones 4 sure :) LOL

OH Yeah?? Well I have a really big WATCH!!:cool:

OH Yeah?? Well I have a really big WATCH!!:cool:

And you have a really small paycheck. :laugh:

When are you guys going to get a raise? Mesa guys make fun of Song...er Delta guys. You guys just trying to build time until AirTran calls?

p.s. Answer your radios....and please....please....land on a runway.

Last edited:
In 2001 SWA was a place you went to build up your time to get on at a really good airline like UAL, AAL, DAL, or USAirways

And in the 1960's Pan Am and TWA were the top of the pyramid, Braniff was THE most profitable airline in the 1970's, at one point EAL was the largest airline in the 1980's. We all live in glass houses, some just don't realize it.

and Tanker clown, aviation is a small world, if anyone knows who you are you can forget about getting an interview at SWA, and if no does one know you, I think it's safe to say can really still forget about getting an interview. Your posts are indicative of the kind of person all airlines try and avoid and if they get stuck with someone like you, they try and get rid of.

Last edited:
and Tanker clown, aviation is a small world, if anyone knows who you are you can forget about getting an interview at SWA, and if no does one know you, I think it's safe to say can really still forget about getting an interview. Your posts are indicative of the kind of person all airlines try and avoid and if they get stuck with someone like you, they try and get rid of.

Pretty sure he's been a SWA guy for quite some time - just likes to stir the hornets nest for entertainment. Can't really blame him it's about all FI is worth.

Crashpad,

What did your buddy say about the staffing for next year? Any hints?

If you are asking about SWA staffing...we are overstaffed right now and it will be that way for awhile. Reserves are sitting around, open time is sparse, line averages are down, etc. I have moved backwards in seat in my domicile. No good news except that we have not furloughed yet.

I wish we would just get rid of the type requirement all together. Our selection process is just too flawed.

When i was brand new I didnt buy all the "thats alot of money for a 25% chance..." rhetoric. I thought if you were a good pilot and a well rounded individual, you were in. I was wrong!

Since then I have seen way too many turned away that should have been kept, and a few more that have slipped through and made it in that shouldnt have.

Its painful to think of the good ones that were turned down after paying 8K, only to be told "hey, you only have to wait a year." Yeah right, what year?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back