• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Rumor Control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rumor I've been hearing the last week or 2, including from 2 check airman, was Panama City plus 3 or 4 more cities in 2010. A net gain of 10 new jets. If that's true, that would mean the manning issue would be solved and they would need 110 new hires. Lets hope this is true.

I've heard a net gain of 10 new jets also. Unfortunately, that will not equate to 110 new hires. Not even close. 10 new jets will barely take the edge off the current overmanning. If we were already streched thin on pilots then yes, 10 new jets would be 110 new hires, with no retirements.

Unfortunately, we're really nowhere near hiring.

I've heard a net gain of 10 new jets also. Unfortunately, that will not equate to 110 new hires. Not even close. 10 new jets will barely take the edge off the current overmanning. If we were already streched thin on pilots then yes, 10 new jets would be 110 new hires, with no retirements.

Unfortunately, we're really nowhere near hiring.

But if the rumors of 10 jets are true, then that would mean we plan to add more than 10 jets worth of flying, as our aircraft are underutilized as it is. Unless it's too painful to defer the options on new aircraft, we'd have to fully use the ones we already have.
Any hint of growth from the company (and there HAS been some) is good news to me, and even better news to the poolies.

Latest resources

Back