SWA retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumbydammit

There seems to be a wealth of misinformation out there about SWA retirements...anyone know how many are retiring each year for the next 10 years? I have seen 10% by end of 2006 and 40% by 2010. I believe the 10%, but do not buy the 40% number.
Thanks

retirements

Previous post have reffered to 50 pilots retiring this year.

I just reviewed the top 800 guys on the SWA seniority list and came up with 15 who face mandatory age retirement this year. Course there might be a few more guys in that same boat who are lower on the seniority list, but it can't be a-lot.

Don't know how we can get any "real" numbers unless SWAPA has put something out and one of the guys on the "inside" lets us know. Perhaps the seniority list is available digitally and someone can put it into a spread sheet???

And, for the record, I don't really care. I'm going when they call me!!!

:D

Alright guys, I got nothing better to do tonight and the seniority list right in front of me. Ill see what I can come up with and post it by the end of the night.

By the way thanks guys. I get alot of the best gouge from you guys on whats going on.

I heard about 250

At our interview on 4 Feb 02. The briefing by the Asst Chief Pilot for Training said that SWA would need to hire about 250 new pilots in 2003 just to replace retirees. This does not include dudes who call it quits earlier than age 60.

Well, my count is as follows.

I only did the first 3000 guys. We have 4117.

2002-3 87
2004 81
2005 96

And the total by 2009 810

I thought I saw some published higher numbers a couple years ago, but this is what I come up with.

Way to go JPD05

What?! You skipped 1117 guys? Why?!

Just kidding

You have the patience of a saint.

Thanks for the work

Slug

Sorry guys I didnt go past 3000, my eyes were tired. (and to be honest, Im about 3000)

I did scan the rest and there is probably a handful beyond 3000 that were born in the 1940s. Maybe 50 Max.

Latest resources

Back