• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Close friend of mine got turned down by swa... decided to get hired by fedex.

Being turned down was the best thing that ever happened.

There is a reason for everything.

this thread is really cracking me up....

SWA is the only flying job worth living for and any rejection letters should be handled with suicide by leaping off a tall building, since your skills as a pilot are obviously below par

There are NO flying jobs better than SWA, including Fedex, UPS, major corporate flight departments (Exxon, Microsoft, etc). NONE.

SWA has been profitable since inception and always, forever, will be profitable. Forever.

NYJFAN -- Do what feels best to you. I got turned down by SWA, but hired at AWA (now USAIR). Could anyone foresee that I would be part of a worldwide carrier when I came aboard, no way? That just tells you the industry has changed and will always change, even for SWA. I love SWA and they have been very generous to carry me to and from work more times than I can count, but for whatever reason they didn't want to hire me and as you know, it don't feel too good to be rejected. There are thousands like you that have been rejected (yes the letters are all alike and you will never know why). I sent three letters to HR asking how to improve for round two, but was never answered. You are very lucky that you have a flying job to stay at or springboard to something else at your desire and on your schedule. If you want to give SWA another go, wait the year and try again. You'll read lots of guys who got hired the second time around, I know lots that haven't. It is very competitive over there and you'll have to sell yourself just as hard as the first round. Expect them to ask you how you have improved your candidacy over the year and why they should hire you second time around. How has your attitude about SWA changed or not changed over the last six months? FEDEX and UPS are clear money makers, but as others have said, QOL is important -- you decide how important. I love AWA, now USAIR, and won't leave unless furloughed. Since it has been six months you have had plenty of time to re-evaluate and it looks like you didn’t slit your wrists over the issue. Talk w/ mama or significant other and list what's important to ya’ll. $, how hard you work when on the road, days gone on the road, non-rev benefits and priority listing, commute distance, health and 401K benefits, ability to hold a line or move domiciles, how long to upgrade, day vs. night flying. Use that list to help you decide and be as informed as you can possibly be. Again, SWA is a great outfit but it isn’t the only game in town and management at every carrier clearly has SWA in its sights. Guaranteed to be a more competitive environment as we move forward. United, AA, Continental, the new US Air, Jet Blue – all want to keep SWA in check and will get leaner and meaner. I tell folks all the time, have a good Plan B at all times and enjoy every day. Flying for a living is great fun and is something millions of folks just dream about. The RBFPA guys are my friends and I hope all of us make it to retirement. Treat everyone in the industry as you want to be treated and do your best to help others get on board, try to help furloughed guys get back to work. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I just luv the way these threads just wander off into nothingness after awhile..

Must be a slow day at the ice machine..

You will be able to reapply one year to the day after the date on your rejection letter.

As for being rejected before hurting your chances.

There are several folks here that have been rejected more than once and been hired.
Folks at the decision board consider the fact of you not giving up as being a fair indication that you really want be here.

The People Dept will tell you in vauge terms what you need to change or research that held you back during your previous process.

They may not be very specific but will point you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back