SWA reference calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedDogC130

Anyone have experience on how long after an interview your references are called ? I assume they only call if they are somewhat interested before your package goes to the decision board. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

RedDogC130 said:
Anyone have experience on how long after an interview your references are called ? I assume they only call if they are somewhat interested before your package goes to the decision board. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

I have heard from a handful of buddies who are currently with SWA...that none of their references were called.

The decision board was last week for me...and so far no letter...and no references called.

It varies...I heard to not sweat it if they do not get called.

Good luck!

I didn't have references called and was not selected to continue (interviewed 22 June with DB on 13 July). However, I know a few folks who got hired without any references being called. Also, the reference check is NOT a guarantee that you make it thru the DB. A fellow in my group had his called and he was not selected. I've seen other posts that suggest that if you didn't do well in the interview (my case), your refs won't be called as you didn't pass the first wicket. Don't give up hope, but don't expect to get a letter right away either if you didn't make it. I couldn't survive the weekend, so I called Kim U. at PD this last Friday to find out. She confirmed my letter was on the way. Calls started going out last Monday. I'm sure there is a method to the notification process. It's just difficult for those of us in limbo-land to survive thru it.

Having your references called is by no stretch a "guarantee" you'll make it past the board. I think all it means is you made it past the first day of screening, and they want more information on you. Sadly, I'm speaking from experience. You just get up, dust yourself off, and saddle up again. Good Luck to all.

Latest resources

Back