Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ditto-
What's the saying? Better to land gear up than be labeled a bad attitude
That's something about the culture I didn't get til I got here- its not a one way street and it's not really optional.
Like a play on Illusions- "what if your boss spoke directly to your face and commanded that you be happy in your job? What would you do?"
;-)

Last edited:
This is pure rumor. No Trannies are coming over as Captains.

This is pure rumor. No Trannies are coming over as Captains.

No, but it is actually the kind of place that may send you back to "cleanse your Kool aid" and then let you try again, hopefully when given the second chance you like the "bug juice" better or who knows (do you really want to pay poker with the best poker players I know?)

Unfortunately those new hires didn't have that opportunity!

Later,
KBB

No AirTran pilot has been "bounced back to AirTran".

In truth, there really isn't a provision for that in the SIA.

I don't post on here often but I hate rumors so let me end this one.
It is not true that a transferring AT pilot got sent back. I was an AT 717 guy and am now going through the SWA school house. One guy from the first class got burned out and needed some home time. SWA was very accommodating and after a break is back in class. I don't know him personally but was told this morning he is back and ready to go.
SWA leadership told us they would bend over backwards to help each of us succeed. They have welcomed us unconditionally as have all the SWA employees. We had a class member get sick and they have worked with him to get him caught up after hours and on weekends. Everyone has treated us just the way we had hoped and better.
I am happy to be here and have put the turmoil of the acquisition behind me as have all of us that I know on this side of the partition. We are ready to do our part to keep this place rocking.
As of 7:37 this evening, there are 94 of us in training. Class 4 starts in the morning but were initiated tonight in traditional SWA fashion.

It is not true that a transferring AT pilot got sent back. I was an AT 717 guy and am now going through the SWA school house. One guy from the first class got burned out and needed some home time. SWA was very accommodating and after a break is back in class. I don't know him personally but was told this morning he is back and ready to go.
SWA leadership told us they would bend over backwards to help each of us succeed. They have welcomed us unconditionally as have all the SWA employees. We had a class member get sick and they have worked with him to get him caught up after hours and on weekends. Everyone has treated us just the way we had hoped and better.
I am happy to be here and have put the turmoil of the acquisition behind me as have all of us that I know on this side of the partition. We are ready to do our part to keep this place rocking.
As of 7:37 this evening, there are 94 of us in training. Class 4 starts in the morning but were initiated tonight in traditional SWA fashion.

THANK YOU SIR! Good to hear. This is all we know at SWA, and this is how we roll. We have our 1 % ters, but this is how we roll.:)

Glad to hear, you will not find another employer as helpful and caring for you as a human being with all those frailties as SWA is to their employee's.

Latest resources

Back