SWA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Does SWA have any form of an Up or Out policy? As in you pass on upgrade once or twice and someone calls etc.

Rumor alert: word on the street a couple Trannies got bounced back to the tranny. Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard that rumor at all.

SW does have a similiar policy for internal transfers, but I've never known it to apply to pilots. Usually like Ops Agent going to Inflight, etc. They have actually allowed those people to go back if they fail the training...but only if there is still an open position.

I know you can bypass upgrade if you want, but not sure about failing upgrade. It just doesn't really happen. Very, very rarely have they let any newhires go. You guys aren't newhires, so that shouldn't be an issue.

No more up or out. If you wanna be a FO, you can be as long as you choose to. As for the rumor, wouldn't know.... Haven't talked to any FA's cousins for a while.

Does SWA have any form of an Up or Out policy? As in you pass on upgrade once or twice and someone calls etc.

Rumor alert: word on the street a couple Trannies got bounced back to the tranny. Anyone else heard this?

This was posted odd. They are two totally separate and unrelated questions.

It's a little odd you replied to your own post. :-D

No up and out, we got rid of it a couple years ago.

No rumor of someone failing SWA training.

The rumor isn't of a failure, it is that one was sent home for not drinking the koolaid.

Latest resources

Back